website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2020

George_D

5 hours ago, mrv86 said:

:MEX Renata Zarazua qualifies for the Main Draw :banana:

I watched her against Tomova and liked very much her game. If she can manage to stay in Europe and be a regular at big ITFs and develop her game a bit more, a top 100 position is possible. :yes  

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I watched her against Tomova and liked very much her game. If she can manage to stay in Europe and be a regular at big ITFs and develop her game a bit more, a top 100 position is possible. :yes  

Is Zarazua based in USA? As a clay speciallist it's gonna be very tough for her to crack Top 100 playing these clay ITFs in South America tbh. This is why some equally second-tier clay experts from Czech Republic, Italy or Spain have an easier path to Top 100. Someone like Andreea Mitu cracked Top 70 winning a bunch of clay 25k & 10k all over Europe back in the day :p

52 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Is Zarazua based in USA? As a clay speciallist it's gonna be very tough for her to crack Top 100 playing these clay ITFs in South America tbh. This is why some equally second-tier clay experts from Czech Republic, Italy or Spain have an easier path to Top 100. Someone like Andreea Mitu cracked Top 70 winning a bunch of clay 25k & 10k all over Europe back in the day :p

Yes, this is why i said, she needs to stay for the European Tour.(well next year) :p One, there are more tournaments in various scales and two, the competition is way better and she can further develop her game with regular play against better players.

Of course the thing is, does she have the money and resources to do it? Your average Mitu doesn't have a problem going around all the time from Romania.

7 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Yes, this is why i said, she needs to stay for the European Tour.(well next year) :p One, there are more tournaments in various scales and two, the competition is way better and she can further develop her game with regular play against better players.

Of course the thing is, does she have the money and resources to do it? Your average Mitu doesn't have a problem going around all the time from Romania.

Well, some years ago I remember Mexican women used to play a lot in ITF tournaments in Tunisia and Turkey, but Europe is another league.

Sad part, is that the usual crooks are fighting for control of the Mexican federations, with two groups claiming power, one recognized by the government and the other by the Mexican Olympic Committee, so we're probably heading to a situation where no player will be able to ask for proper funding or represent the country at National team events.

Just hope she gets enough sponsors in the private sectors so she can continue improving her game.

Great roof design guys! :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Well, some years ago I remember Mexican women used to play a lot in ITF tournaments in Tunisia and Turkey, but Europe is another league.

Sad part, is that the usual crooks are fighting for control of the Mexican federations, with two groups claiming power, one recognized by the government and the other by the Mexican Olympic Committee, so we're probably heading to a situation where no player will be able to ask for proper funding or represent the country at National team events.

Just hope she gets enough sponsors in the private sectors so she can continue improving her game.

Going back to Andreea Mitu I mentioned, she made 32 ITF finals of various sort - 15 of them in Romania ;) You have to take advantage of the schedule and ITF points system. However ITF realizes how big the travel issues are for these second-tier players. There are tournaments played in Cairo and Sharm-El-Sheikh virtually all year. And countries like Italy, Spain or Turkey are doing the same. Hell, even Poland stages these ITFs with Czechs and Russians playing here all the time. Jelena Ostapenko lost to Oceane Dodin in the Zawada 25k final only 2,5 years before winning Roland Garros :lol: