website statistics

Motorcycling Discussion Thread

Gianlu33

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, 15-year old Zonta van den Goorbergh has signed a Moto2 contract for next year :yikes: 

I can't see how that is not way too early, considering he's not really making waves in the junior Moto3 yet...

Looks like a strategic way to avoid FIM's decision of raising the age limit to 18 from next season? Either sigh him now or wait three years? :evil:

• 7 months later...

Quite a day today. In the EWC, the 24 hours of Spa-Francorchamps starts at 13:00, while for the first time since 2019 we're racing at the Isle of Man :cheer: 

After a week full of qualifying, today we start at 13:00 (CET) with the first Superbike race, followed by the first Sidecar race at 16:00 (CET). The Superbike race is going to be a matter of seeing whether or not Peter Hickman either makes a mistake or has a mechanical issue, otherwise he'll win. Dean Harrison and Davey Todd are ready to pick it up if he drops the ball, with Conor Cummins, Michael Dunlop and John McGuiness - among others - needing all three of the favourites to meet with some kind of misfortune. The sidecar race is going to be a dominant show by the Birchall's, unless their bike breaks.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 months later...

Whoa! Someone actually watches speedway? Even in Poland where we have the allegedly strongest league in the world this sport is only followed in cities where the teams are based. Nobody give a hoot about it elsewhere.

Hint: I don't follow speedway other than flipping through channels when it's on. We even have TV coverage for third tier matches (which is the lowest) and teams from Germany actually compete there (a team from Latvia is in the second tier IIRC).

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Whoa! Someone actually watches speedway? Even in Poland where we have the allegedly strongest league in the world this sport is only followed in cities where the teams are based. Nobody give a hoot about it elsewhere.

Hint: I don't follow speedway other than flipping through channels when it's on. We even have TV coverage for third tier matches (which is the lowest) and teams from Germany actually compete there (a team from Latvia is in the second tier IIRC).

I used to take a look at it quite often on Eurosport, many years ago (at least 10-15 I think), but nowadays it just really can't keep me interested anymore even though Eurosport has tons and tons of it to watch :p 

I think I stopped watching when I noticed that overtakes almost never happened. No idea if that's gotten better though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I watched it live in person many times, basically my grandpa used to race in his days and then stayed involved and got me into it (as a spectator...). But it's a matter of 3, maybe 4 small towns in the whole country, the rest obviously don't care at all. Never watched it much on tv though.

British Superbikes rider Chrissy Rouse passed away this week, after a crash in Donington last Sunday.

Today things went very wrong at the Supersport 300 race in Portimão. Title contender (be it mostly mathematically) Victor Steeman was involved in a crash and apparently got hit. He has been transported by helicopter to the local hospital and remains in critical condition.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, heywoodu said:

British Superbikes rider Chrissy Rouse passed away this week, after a crash in Donington last Sunday.

Today things went very wrong at the Supersport 300 race in Portimão. Title contender (be it mostly mathematically) Victor Steeman was involved in a crash and apparently got hit. He has been transported by helicopter to the local hospital and remains in critical condition.

And what everyone feared has been announced: Steeman has passed away, aged 22 :cry: 

This weekend:

• NHRA: Dallas

• Desert racing: California 300

• Rally raid: Africa Eco Race

• MotoGP: Philip Island

• British Superbikes: Brands Hatch

• World Enduro Championship: Zschopau

• American Flat Track: Volusia

• Red Bull Straight Rhythm: Huntington Beach

• 3 weeks later...