website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Agger said:

Oh well. Seems like they make it with time to spare!

Pretty sure tomorrow there will be some guys outside the time delay. 5 climbs, the first one (Cat. 1) already after the start... one can smells troubles from miles

There was an interesting question today, for which our commentators weren't sure of the answer:

Has there been a Tour (or Giro & Vuelta), where one team has won all the jerseys at the end of the race? 

They said probably not, but weren't sure, and they are usually always spot on with the statistics. If anyone knows of such a case, please share. :d

Anyways, brutal final climb today. I am sure everyone will be feeling it tomorrow. What a ride by Kuss, even with the mistake he made, which led to Lopez going. Like i said in Dauphine, he is by far the strongest help for Roglic. 

36 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

There was an interesting question today, for which our commentators weren't sure of the answer:

Has there been a Tour (or Giro & Vuelta), where one team has won all the jerseys at the end of the race? 

They said probably not, but weren't sure, and they are usually always spot on with the statistics. If anyone knows of such a case, please share. :d

Anyways, brutal final climb today. I am sure everyone will be feeling it tomorrow. What a ride by Kuss, even with the mistake he made, which led to Lopez going. Like i said in Dauphine, he is by far the strongest help for Roglic. 

I believe Eddie Mercx won all the TdF jerseys in 1969 - White & Team did not exist then.

Stage 17

Wednesday - September 16th, 2020

h. 12:30 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grenoble - Meribel (Col de la Loze) 

170km - Mountains (Uphill Finish)

STAGE CLASSIFICATION

:COL  Miguel Angel LOPEZ
4:19:08

:SLO  Primoz ROGLIC
+15

:SLO  Tadej POGACAR
+30

Complete Standing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CLASSIFICATION

74:56:04

+57

+1:26

POINTS CLASSIFICATION

:IRL  Sam BENNETT

:SVK  Peter SAGAN

:ITA  Matteo TRENTIN

CLIMBER CLASSIFICATION

YOUTH CLASSIFICATION

74:57:01

:ESP  Enric MAS
+3:21

:FRA  Valentin MADOUAS
+1:24:17

LAST KILOMETER REPLAY

STAGE HIGHLIGHTS

4 hours ago, dcro said:

I wonder if someone has a list of all those non-climbers who held the polka dot jersey at one time or another. I can remember Morkov as one of the more ridiculous ones. :p

Kevin Lédanois, Dion Smith, Jasper Stuyven (three days, no less), Jens Voigt, Blel Kadri somehow had a day in the jersey well into the Tour in two consecutive years, four days for Jussi Veikkanen (who apparently was quite a decent climber actually, early on, with top-50 finishes in the Giro). I think 2008 is a nice one to end it with: three days of David de la Fuente, followed by two days for Riccardo Ricco* and later seven days for eventual winner Bernard Kohl, who finished 3rd out of the blue and was disqualified due to the rather obvious doping.

* The doping king got the jersey after that epic Saunier-Duval stage where his teammates Piepoli (later DQ'ed) and Cobo finished 1-2.

Daniel Teklehaimanot :ERI had it for four days, but to be fair, it'd not be entirely right to call him a non-climber. It's just noteworthy because he's from Eritrea and that was cool.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!