website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

Stage 18

Thursday - September 17th, 2020

h. 12:30 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meribel - La Roche sur Foron

175km - Mountains

STAGE CLASSIFICATION

:POL  Michal KWIATKOWSKI
4:47:33

:ECU  Richard CARAPAZ
+0

:BEL  Wout VAN AERT
+1:51

Complete Standing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CLASSIFICATION

:SLO  Primoz ROGLIC
79:45:30

:SLO  Tadej POGACAR
+57

:COL  Miguel Angel LOPEZ
+1:27

POINTS CLASSIFICATION

:IRL  Sam BENNETT

:SVK  Peter SAGAN

:ITA  Matteo TRENTIN

CLIMBER CLASSIFICATION

:ECU  Richard CARAPAZ

:SLO   Primoz ROGLIC

YOUTH CLASSIFICATION

79:46:27

:ESP  Enric MAS
+3:22

:FRA  Valentin MADOUAS
+1:35:35

LAST KILOMETER REPLAY

STAGE HIGHLIGHTS

Has anyone heard anything about Porte joining Ineos? I think they will come back really strong next year with Bernal, Carapaz, Yates and maybe Porte, but I am not sure who will be the leader. Also not sure if Bernal can beat Pogacar in the future. Maybe they should try to go with some young British guy like Hayter or Pidcock.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

20 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Has anyone heard anything about Porte joining Ineos? I think they will come back really strong next year with Bernal, Carapaz, Yates and maybe Porte, but I am not sure who will be the leader. Also not sure if Bernal can beat Pogacar in the future. Maybe they should try to go with some young British guy like Hayter or Pidcock.

Porte had a miserable time in Sky in his last tenure. I doubt he really wants to go back. But, him being 35 and saying this is his final GT being a leader, if they make a good offer, he could go finish with a good paycheck, as a domestique. 

Bernal is still the main guy there. I highly doubt, they will cast him aside for this one slip, especially when he is so young.  I think he is still the leader in next years Tour, but they will have a back-up for sure this time. Agree, they should have more british riders though. Even, if i don't like them at all, their strongest teams/years were, when the line-up consisted with mostly british cyclists.

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 19

Friday - September 18th, 2020

h. 13:45 (GMT +2)

Bourg en Bresse - Champagnole

166.5km - Flat

J_Tr_qI_TRbSDw9a4t-PbA~19-etapa-horizont

https://t.aimg.sk/magaziny/ioCyNFCpQhzexUcu0yo4lg~19-etapa-mapa-Tour-de-France.png?t=L2ZpdC1pbi84MDB4MC9maWx0ZXJzOmZvcm1hdChqcGcp&h=UWHWWliZNKj3e4mg64icpA&e=2145916800&v=2

Meanwhile Jumbo-Visma's manager/team leader Merijn Zeeman has been kicked out of the Tour, after insulting a UCI employee who more or less destroyed an integral part of Roglic' bike during a control due to having no clue what he was doing.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Lukas Pöstlberger went down to the race doctor, apparently due to an insect bite/sting. A little bit later, he dropped down to the team car...and a little later he went down to the second team car, then dropped down on the side of the road, trying to catch some air. Turns out a wasp stung him in his mouth, leading to a rather strong reaction and of course an abandon.

By now, BORA has released a little statement saying that Pöstlberger is luckily feeling a bit better after medical treatment, so he'll be alright. Wasps, fucking assholes.

Spoiler

EiMtg1RXkAEKump?format=jpg&name=medium

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!