website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2020 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

8 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Pogačar sneaks out of the second group & snaffles the KoM points, putting himself into the virtual lead.

I guess he did fancy the Polka-Dots after all...

When in Rome perhaps?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, justony said:

Sorry France, even polka dot jersey is ours. :whistle::raspberry:

All four jerseys could yours if Sagan would just pick the slack :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Lopez winning today’s stage was a nice surprise.

Lopez and Pogacar have a chance at winning the yellow jersey, but Roglic is still looking good. 

Sep Kuss really makes me excited for the years ahead. 

This tour is still one of the best I’ve followed. Good battles for the yellow, green, and polka-dot jerseys. I’ve really enjoyed the stages this year too.

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 18

Thursday - September 17th, 2020

h. 12:30 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meribel - La Roche sur Foron

175km - Mountains

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHhd4fIpRoWX9bFaoE_wcw~Profil-18-etapy-T

https://t.aimg.sk/magaziny/npYfvTEKSgTph3TW59nUYg~Mapa-18-etapy-Tour-de-France-2020.jpg?t=L2ZpdC1pbi82MDB4MA%3D%3D&h=Ana4VR_xVqkdN3NIlskAZw&e=2145916800&v=2

I'm not sure I've ever seen a 'queen's stage' of the Tour de France which had a grand total of only two climbs, but damn, was it hard yesterday. Today is definitely a good second, but with only one HC climb and the other big one being so early on, I'd say it slightly loses out against yesterday.

Still, I would not like to be a sprinter today, it ain't gonna be fun :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh and 15 neutralized kilometers at the beginning....to go down the climb on which they finished yesterday. That's just kind of dumb, just start in Méribel itself instead of letting them do 15 senseless downhill kilometers first :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I guess this stage was streamlined to eliminate Bennett?

Think you’re taking your conspiracy theories :zip: just a bit too far.  Will be tough, but he has definitely improved his defensive riding this year.  Caleb Ewan might be in trouble though, he has already had some narrow escapes.

Bennett pockets the minor sprint points......is off the back with 145k to go.  Ah no, only falling off the lead group.  Back in the peleton now.

Greipel abandons! Should have taken his grand-children’s advice, really.

Bahrein-Merida once again attacking J-V on the first climb.

On 29/08/2020 at 13:27, heywoodu said:

Schär, Grellier and Gautier. That's it for the next few hours :d 

The total stage time is a rather useless addition to the permanent graphics by the way, that has absolutely zero value :lol: 

See, now we wish we had the overall day’s time graphic, but it’s gone because all the h8ters & moaners complained three weeks ago.....

By my calcs Bennet et al are now at 10% of overall, but Ewan is in the danger zone.

Hey, this is La Clusaz, big cross-country World Cup every January.  Great natural amphitheatre.

Landa making a bid for third overall.

Carapaz in the lead on the KoM now.