website statistics

Tennis US Open 2020

thepharoah

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

And yet Thiem still plans to enter some B-tournament over the Olympics...?

Ugh, I could never care about his titles then. It's not like Austria has many medal chance (at all).

Which tournament is he planning to enter over the Olympics?

Also, why would one not care about his titles in (in this case) the biggest events, just because he doesn't go to the Olympics? Plus what does Austria not having many medal chances have to do with that? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also the first man to win the US Open final after losing the first two sets since 1949, for what it's worth.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, dcro said:

And yet Thiem still plans to enter some B-tournament over the Olympics...?

Ugh, I could never care about his titles then. It's not like Austria has many medal chance (at all).

All that suggest to me is that Thiem has a Western ( European) mentality which doesn't see the Olympics as the be all and end all . Doesn't every ( Western ) tennis person acknowledge that he Olympic tennis tournament is not among the first rank of tournaments ?

42 minutes ago, rajiv said:

All that suggest to me is that Thiem has a Western ( European) mentality which doesn't see the Olympics as the be all and end all . Doesn't every ( Western ) tennis person acknowledge that he Olympic tennis tournament is not among the first rank of tournaments ?

Not only Western, no. The Grand Slams are the major prizes in tennis, that's just how it is and how it's seen by most - except for someone like Monica Puig of course :p 

1 hour ago, rajiv said:

Thiem is at whole another level. Almost all of the other top players do take part at the Olympics, after all.

For a player of such rank and wealth as Thiem, there is simply no valid excuse for skipping the Olympic tournament...

#banbestmen