website statistics

Tennis US Open 2020

thepharoah

7 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

And we go, another GS title contender is out today. After Kerber, Kvitova is eliminated too...

Kvitova contender at the US Open? Hardly.

She is as useless as it gets after that horrible attack. Wasting MP on serve -.-

Rogers into her second GS QF, and again she beat Petra in three en route :lol: 

Just now, Wanderer said:

Kvitova contender at the US Open? Hardly.

She is as useless as it gets after that horrible attack. Wasting MP on serve -.-

Rogers into her second GS QF, and again she beat Petra in three en route :lol: 

Honestly I had almost 7-8 names in my mind about a possible winner of women's single at US Open and Kvitova was one of this :p

Just wake up to learn this drama. I am against the decision of default. I know there is a rulebook and I appreciate it and referee still should consider the exact incident and the extend of the consequence. He definitely deserved a warning of his misbehavior but default is too much for me. 

7 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Just wake up to learn this drama. I am against the decision of default. I know there is a rulebook and I appreciate it and referee still should consider the exact incident and the extend of the consequence. He definitely deserved a warning of his misbehavior but default is too much for me. 

Sorry but I disagree with your views. If you Novak broke his racquet a warning would be sufficient. If he hit the ball and it didn't hit anyone a warning maybe sufficient. But as it resulted in injuring a person the punishment was absolutely justified. Just imagine that being a ballboy, or it causing long term damage or even death. Everyone knows it was unintentional, but it could be serious for the person involved.

The rules which is in place is absolutely right one because it puts the health and safety of its stakeholders above a game. If it was the other way around it would be just disgusting.

To be honest Novak understood the decision, he was disappointed but he knew the decision was inevitable.