website statistics

Golf 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 3 months later...

A highly interesting Masters. Justin Rose and Sergio Garcia seems to be fighting for the win, being 3 i front of Rickie Fowler halfway through the last round. Will Sergio Garcia finally get hist first major after 22 top 10 finishes including 4 2nd places? A win would make him only the 3rd Spanish golfer to win a major after the legend Seve Ballesteros and Jose Maria Olazabal

Or will defending Olympic Champion Justin Rose win the green jacket? That would be his 2nd major after winning U.S: Open in 2013.

Or will we see a collapse for both of them or an astonishing finish from Fowler or maybe Pieters or Schwartzel?

Edited by Agger

• 2 months later...

What do people think about Tiger Woods? Will he be back? After going through his 4th back surgery in recent years, he has said that there is less pain in his back than since before his back issues started about 8 years ago. But unfortunately, by mixing medications he experienced symptoms of being like drunk, and was arrested after driving his car erratically on a freeway. A lot of the news coverage was very pessimistic about his future, but I have hope :) 

funny-pictures-tiger-woods.jpg

Anyone following US Open? :d

I see that Justin Thomas went today from 24th to provisional 1st after getting -9 (63/72). :yikes:

EDIT: Now I hear 63/72 is the best round in the 117 years of US Open history (broke the record from 1973). :hyper:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

• 2 months later...

Today marked the start of European Tour tournament Made in Denmark.

This is also the 500th European Tour tournament for Ryder Cup captain and Danish golfing legend, Thomas Bjørn. Some great scenes on the already wellknown 16th:

• 1 month later...