website statistics

Track Cycling 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Werloc:

As we're slowly approaching Tokyo, I think that we might have three very good medal contenders by then.

Which events?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I completely missed that Shane Perkins now competes for Russia ... when i read "Maximilian Levy won gold in mens keirin ahead of Shane Perkins from Russia", i thought that it must be a mistake ... :wacko:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Which events?

Simona Krupeckaitė for women's sprint and keirin.

Vasilijus Lendel has been improving immensely in men's sprint and keirin.

Olivija Baleišytė, a medalist of many occasions in youth & junior categories is growing up well for the Omnium and other events such as scratch, elimination race, points race.

Heck, even Miglė Marozaitė is becoming better in sprint and keirin, so we might have a competetive women's sprint team by then.

Some very satisfying results making it look very interesting for the future. Hoped for a bit more from the team pursuit, but I'm sure that they'll be ready when we get closer to 2020. Meanwhile it proved that the addition of madison to the Olympics gives us some fine chances. A men's pair should be absolutely sure while the women's pair may not be as clear, considering that Amalie could also very well have a good shot at the RR. But it should be possible for both Amalie and Trine to put up the results for us to have a spot in the omnium.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:01, dcro said:

Bad results for Great Britain, nobody saw that one coming...

It's interesting. Before Rio the story from the GB team was "don't expect too much his time but the young stars in the team will be very fast in Tokyo" :d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...