Atlanta 1996 - Artur Partyka monstrous High jump at 2.37m

Nagano 1998 - Hermann Maier - Fall and two golds 

Sydney 2000 - Lithuania Basketball team almost beating Americans 

Salt Lake City 2002 - Adam Małysz 2 medals. But no Gold sadly 

Athens 2004 - Otylia Jędrzejczak Gold in 200 Fly

Torino 2006 - Tomasz Sikora Silver in biathlon mass start 

Beijing 2008 - Sandra Izbasa floor routine in the ind. app. final 

Vancouver 2010 - Justyna Kowalczyk Gold in 30 km after this amazing finish 

London 2012 - Ruta Meilutyte Gold in 100 breaststroke after the American false start 

Sochi 2014 - Yulia Lipnitskaya free program in team event (Schindler's List) / Noriaki Kasai sillver in large hill*

Rio 2016 - Rafał Majka chased by van Avermaet and Fulsang

PyeongChang 2018 - Ester Ledecka* (edited)

Tokyo 2020 - Men's volleyball final with Team Poland (I'm joking :-))))) 

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Calgary 1988 - Tomba La Bomba

Seoul 1988 - Anthony Nesty beating Matt Biondi

Albertville 1992 - Duchesnay, Duchesnay 

Barcelona 1992 - Rafał Szukała - Silver in 100 Fly 

Lillehammer 1994 - Men's cross-country relay finish 

Atlanta 1996 - Artur Partyka monstrous High jump at 2.37m

Nagano 1998 - Hermann Maier - Fall and two golds 

Sydney 2000 - Lithuania Basketball team almost beating Americans 

Salt Lake City 2002 - Adam Małysz 2 medals. But no Gold sadly 

Athens 2004 - Otylia Jędrzejczak Gold in 200 Fly

Torino 2006 - Tomasz Sikora Silver in biathlon mass start 

Beijing 2008 - Sandra Izbasa floor routine in the ind. app. final 

Vancouver 2010 - Justyna Kowalczyk Gold in 30 km after this amazing finish 

London 2012 - Ruta Meilutyte Gold in 100 breaststroke after the American false start 

Sochi 2014 - Yulia Lipnitskaya free program in team event (Schindler's List) 

Rio 2016 - Rafał Majka chased by van Avermaet and Fulsang

PyeongChang 2018 - a 46 years old Noriaki Kasai Silver on large Hill 

Tokyo 2020 - Men's volleyball final with Team Poland (I'm joking :-))))) 

based only on the feeling of the moment (and it's not a good one, since I have my back totally stiff...once again...and it's the most painful period of the whole process right now)...:facepalm:

Sarajevo 1984 - Paul Hildgartner winning the men's Single in Luge and Paoletta Magoni winning the women's Slalom in Alpine Skiing

Los Angeles 1984 - the Abbagnale brothers winning the Coxed Pair in rowing (especially because of the crazy enthusiasm of our historical broadcaster, Giampiero "Bisteccone" -"Big Steak"- Galeazzi, a true legend of sport broadcasting on the Italian public tv) and Vincenzo Maenza winning the Greco-Roman Wrestling -48kg

Calgary 1988 - Tomba La Bomba, what else? the second run in the men's Slalom is still the most watched sport event in the history of the Italian TV...even the Football World Cup matches couldn't beat those legenday minutes yet...

Seoul 1988 - Gelindo Bordin, Marathon man

Albertville 1992 - here I'm totally biased...Stefania Belmondo winning the women's 30km Free in Cross-Country skiing (I still remember that I missed the school to watch her race that day)

Barcelona 1992 - poor Fabio Casartelli winning the men's Road Race in Cycling and Pierpaolo Ferrazzi winning the inaugural men's K1 in Slalom Canoeing basically at the same time on an extremely hot Sunday early afternoon

Lillehammer 1994 - that's a no brainer...our men's Cross-Country Relay triumphing in the garden of the stunned Norwegians, the highest point ever reached by the Italian Winter Sports (and who cares if it's also the greatest cheat in the Italian sports history :whistle:)

Atlanta 1996 - Wang Yifu shooting a riculously low score in the last throw of the men's Air Pistol, gifting Roberto Di Donna of the Olympic Gold medal in the craziest competition of that sport so far (Matt Emmons' drama was still to come 8 years later) and, above all, Yuri Chechi, the Lord of the Rings (also Paola Pezzo winning the first ever MTB Cross-Country Gold of the Olympic history showing her decolletè is not to be forgotten, though :lol:)

Nagano 1998 - only one name...Dominik "the Dominator" Hasek...no need to add more... 

Sydney 2000 - the unbelievable results of the Italian team in Swimming, Giuseppe Maddaloni winning the first ever Olympic Judo Gold for Italy and Alessandra Sensini, edging out Amelie Lux (GER) in the most exciting medal race in Sailing (women's RS:X) I've ever watched

Salt Lake City 2002 - once again...Stefania Belmondo, my hero!

Athens 2004 - Marco Galiazzo winning the Individual Gold medal in Archery, our unbelievable men's Basketball team, our Waterpolo girls "revenge" and above all, Stefano Baldini entering the Panathinaikon and winning the most iconic Marathon in history

Torino 2006 - Armin Zoeggeler (men's Single, Luge), Enrico Fabris (men's 1500m and with his teammates the men's Relay, Speedskating) and above all, the men's Relay and Giorgio di Centa winning Gold in the men's 50km, Cross-Country Skiing

Beijing 2008 - Andrea Minguzzi lifting and throwing Fodor (HUN) in the last second of the men's Greco-Roman Wrestling final...all my neighbours still remember my scream in that precise moment (my window is still trembling)

Vancouver 2010 - Syd the (whining) Kid scoring the winning goal in the OT vs the US boys in the men's Hockey tournament

London 2012 - so many wonderful memories...I just can't choose only one or two...but if I have to name just one, it must be the clean sweep in the women's Foil (Fencing) on the opening day of those Games (which incidentally was also my birthday, July 28th)

Sochi 2014 - tbh, I have no positive memories about those Games...they were disappointing under any point of view, strictly personal, Italian, general...:nopompom:

Rio 2016 - once again, to many exciting events to choose from...

more than anything, they were the last Games I could enjoy together with my mom (who was already fighting against that fuckin' leukemia that took her away 10 months later)...:cry:

PyeongChang 2018 - our Golden girls...the crazy duo from the Bergamo province, Sofia Goggia (Alpine Skiing) and Michela Moioli (Snowboard) and, above all, Arianna Fontana (Short Track Speedskating)

Tokyo 2020 - I'd like to write about Italy winning a record number of Gold Medals, but I fear that all of us will always have as the first thought that fuckin' Covid-19...:facepalm: :wall: :hairpull:

Barcelona 1992 - Ellen van Langen - Gold in 800m athletics

Lillehammer 1994 - no memories 

Atlanta 1996 - Dutch volleyballteam men - Gold

Nagano 1998 - Hiroyasu Shimizu - gold 500m speedskating

Sydney 2000 - Dutch Dominance in the pool - Inge de Bruijn and Pieter van den Hoogenband - 5 Golds

Salt Lake City 2002 - Steven Bradbury - shorttrack 1000m 

Athens 2004 - Gold for Pieter van den Hoogenband again (100m freestyle)

Torino 2006 - 8 years after double gold, Marianne Timmer gold in 1000m speedskating (I was there ;-))

Beijing 2008 - Usain Bolt

Vancouver 2010 - Gold for speedskater Mark Tuitert in the 1500m (I was there ;-))

London 2012 - Epke Zonderland on high bar: gold (I was there ;-))

Sochi 2014 - winter Olympics in +30 degrees

Rio 2016 - first appearance of a Dutch handball team

PyeongChang 2018 - Ireen Wüst winning her 5th gold medal at her 4th Olympics (I was there ;-))

Tokyo 2020 - Harrie Lavreysen winning a gold in track cycling sprint (I'm hoping)

SLC 2002 - Women's hockey gold; right after the USA players were using the Canadian flag as a rug to walk on

Athens 2004 - Lori Ann Muenzer's gold in the sprint track event

Turin 2006 - Chandra Crawford's surprise gold in the women's sprint cross-country. 

Beijing 2008 - Eric Lamaze winning gold in equestrian and overcoming a lot 

Vancouver 2010 - Literally the whole games

London 2012- Andy Murrary's gold in tennis 

Sochi 2014 - Sleeping on the sofa and than waking up 2 mins right before Charles Hamelin won gold in the 1,500 m

Rio 2016 - Penny Oleksiak's surprise gold in the 100m freestyle 

PyeongChang 2018 - Everything. I was there and these games were magical. 

I'm not old as you (maybe I can write "expert" :p?). Btw, let's do it, i will write only about moments that i see in live. My frist memories was some archery events in Benjing, I was 8 years old.

• London 2012: Italian clean sweep in men's foil
  • Rio 2016: I really enjoyed the italian adventure in the beach volley tournament. I think that Lupo/Nicolai and Ranghieri/Carambula join in the heart of all italians 
  • Pyeonyang 2018: Arianna Fontana won the gold medal at photofinish

@phelps I wish you health!!! All the best wishes for you!!! Where can I see this Abbagnale race video with this commentary?

@CCB man, you've seen a lot... :-) Lucky you! My favourite olympic Dutch moment? Probably VDH winning 200 free in Athens. The race. 

@intoronto that 's great you were in PyeongChang. But please don' t tell me you've seen Kasai or Ester Ledecka SuperG there, because I will be so jealous :-) 

@Gianlu33 "seeing live" - So you were there, too? Wow. 

@bmo all the best for you, too! And thank you for your idea for nice discussion - what would you see today in Tokyo??!! it's not that I don't like US sportsmen and sportswomen. I just love these moments when David beats Goliat :-) My favourite American olympic moment - Vince Carter megadunk in Sydney. 

9 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

@phelps I wish you health!!! All the best wishes for you!!! Where can I see this Abbagnale race video with this commentary?

@CCB man, you've seen a lot... :-) Lucky you! My favourite olympic Dutch moment? Probably VDH winning 200 free in Athens. The race. 

@intoronto that 's great you were in PyeongChang. But please don' t tell me you've seen Kasai or Ester Ledecka SuperG there, because I will be so jealous :-) 

@bmo all the best for you, too! And thank you for your idea for nice discussion - what would you see today in Tokyo??!! it's not that I don't like US sportsmen and sportswomen. I just love these moments when David beats Goliat :-) My favourite American olympic moment - Vince Carter megadunk in Sydney. 

Sadly I didn't see them in person; I was based at the MPC. I only saw ice events, no snow.

33 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

When I list the events I want to watch, I really don’t think about US athletes. I typically watch events because I love to watch that sport rather than watching it because a US athlete is competing. I still cheer for the US, but I would rather watch a great competition than watch the US destroy every other team/athlete to win gold. 

Yes, that Vince Carter dunk was something special. He had a great career than just came to an end this season :(. Sad to see him go, but it was time.

My Olympic memories doesn't go that far back due to my age. 

Athens 2004 - My  first Olympic memory ever was me watching the men's shot put final from the Ancient Olympia Stadium and see Joachim B. Olsen winning bronze, later upgraded to silver. My favourite moment from the games however was the epic women's handball final between Denmark and South Korea. I remember little me was very entertained and excited throughout this final. 

Torino 2006 - I didn't follow these games very much as I was still only watching sports occasionally. My favourite moment was probably watching Vincent Defrasne winning gold in men's pursuit, biathlon. 

Beijing 2008 - First Olympics I watched clinched to the tv screen and tried to record as much of it on my tv-recorder.  My favourite moments from these Olympics are Usain Bolt's gold and WR on men's 100m and Yelena Isinbayeva's gold and WR in women's pole vault. An honourable mention should also go to Kirketerp and Warrer's dramatic gold medal in the 49er-class, sailing. 

Vancouver 2010 - Simon Amman's double gold in men's ski jumping was a true Olympic moment for me. 

London 2012 - David Rudisha's incredible WR in men's 800m and Usain Bolt's 200m WR, athletics. Special mentions go to MIchael Phelps becoming the most decorated Olympian of all time and Lasse Norman's Gold in omnium, track cycling.

Sochi 2014 - Tina Maze and Dominique Gisin's shared gold in women's downhill, alpine skiing. Also Kamil Stoch's double gold in ski jumping was a personal highlight. 

Rio 2016 - So many favourite moments from these games! Pernille Blume's 50m freestyle gold in swimming, the Danish men's handball team winning gold, Sara Slott Petersen's winning silver in women's 400m hurdles, athletics, and lastly Jakob Fuglsang's silver medal in men's road race, cycling. My favourite of these are probably Sara Slott Petersen's silver as it's really rare for a Danish athlete to win a medal in athletics. 

PyeongChang 2018 - Ester Ledecká's gold in women's super-g, alpine skiing, was incredible to witness.  Sven Kramer' wining his 3rd gold medal in a row in the 5000m distance, speed skating.

Tokyo 2020 - Hopefully seeing Armand Duplantis setting a new WR in men's pole vault, athletics. Following closely how Anna Emilie Moller will do in women's 3000m steeplechase, athletics. Hopefully a top 10 will be achieved.