website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Sports Programme

3 hours ago, hmc16 said:

Do we know where Big Air is being hosted in 2026 yet? I know Livigno is hosting the freestyle & snowboard events, but is the big air happening there too? Or are they going to build an artificial ramp in Milan - I know they've had a few World Cup competitions in the EXPO 2015 park?

it will be in Livigno...

there's no chance to host a snow event (even something like big air) in Milan in the middle of February...

15 days ago, we were up to well above 20°C during those sunny days...:yikes: :facepalm:

the 2015 Expo Area is no longer available, as many new projects are being completed in the 2022/2026 period (the new site of the Galeazzi Hospital, the new Milan State University campus, one of the biggest Research Institute in Europe -named Human Technopole- and a whole new commercial and residential block, with new sites for many important industries/banks operating in town)...

• 3 months later...

New events:

* Ski Mountaineering men's sprint, women's sprint and mixed relay (no individual race, so three events rather than the expected five)

* Skeleton: mixed team

* Luge: women's doubles

* Freestyle skiing: men's and women's dual moguls

* Ski Jumping: women's large hill individual

The alpine skiing mixed team event is removed, alpine combined may be removed.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Men's Nordic Combined is included in 2026, but women's Nordic Combined is not. IOC says that for Nordic Combined to be included in 2030 it will require that women's Nordic Combined be developed further.

Also important to note they commented on the sport’s continental reach playing a role in its selection for 2030.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Dual moguls? Sure, let's add new events that we already have...

Mixed team skeleton is kind of ridiculous. I'm surprised IBSF has this much leverage. Monobob got included whilst only existing at YOG. Mixed team skeleton does not exist at all.

And how on earth did the luge relay survive? Surely they don't expect many nations to qualify in all four events? The event will now take like 5 minutes per team and it was already uneventful as it was? Maybe they just aim to keep the doubles part "open" and kind of ignore the fact that everyone would select their men's team.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Dual moguls? Sure, let's add new events that we already have...

Mixed team skeleton is kind of ridiculous. I'm surprised IBSF has this much leverage. Monobob got included whilst only existing at YOG. Mixed team skeleton does not exist at all.

And how on earth did the luge relay survive? Surely they don't expect many nations to qualify in all four events? The event will now take like 5 minutes per team and it was already uneventful as it was? Maybe they just aim to keep the doubles part "open" and kind of ignore the fact that everyone would select their men's team.

The event I'm most surprised survived was the mixed aerials team event tbh.