website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Sports Programme

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Any chance the ski ballet makes a triumphant return? :d

I'd prefer this over any of the freeski events, to be honest...

Literally nobody does this competitively anymore. I don’t even think anyone still make the ski poles for it (acroski requires specialized poles).

Acroski is unfortunately extremely dead.

5 hours ago, NearPup said:

Literally nobody does this competitively anymore. I don’t even think anyone still make the ski poles for it (acroski requires specialized poles).

It’s one of those sports that when it missed out on Olympic full-medal status in 1994, it effectively ended the sport.  

There was a US sports columnist in the early 1990s who is now on ESPN who derided the sport as “ski-dancing.”

7 hours ago, NearPup said:

Feels like this discipline suffered from bad timing more than anything else.

It would have stayed in the program for sure had it been introduced in 1998 or so...

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Well, there is at least one guy who is fully ready for ski-ballet to make the comeback of the comebacks :cool:

This is so much better than all those seemingly similar jumps in the aerials (with half the field going for the same jump) :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is so much better than all those seemingly similar jumps in the aerials (with half the field going for the same jump) :bowdown:

Or the big air, which gets a huge extra venue while adding nothing to the program.

#banbestmen

39 minutes ago, intoronto said:

To be fair, the FIS suggests hosts use their Ski Jump venue to host Big air. 

Do we know where Big Air is being hosted in 2026 yet? I know Livigno is hosting the freestyle & snowboard events, but is the big air happening there too? Or are they going to build an artificial ramp in Milan - I know they've had a few World Cup competitions in the EXPO 2015 park?

20 minutes ago, hmc16 said:

Do we know where Big Air is being hosted in 2026 yet? I know Livigno is hosting the freestyle & snowboard events, but is the big air happening there too? Or are they going to build an artificial ramp in Milan - I know they've had a few World Cup competitions in the EXPO 2015 park?

Looks like it will be the Mottolino resort in Livigno, which is hosting all of park & pipe. The bid book mentioned all of freestyle skiing and snowboarding in Livigno.

You don't actually need a dedicated permanent venue like Beijing built in 2022 (...literally the only one that exists in the world). You can build a big air ramp, but you can also just use a slope and build a jump out of snow (which is what the X Games do).