website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Sports Programme

10 minutes ago, NearPup said:

It’s really not much more egregious than some of the biathlon events tbh.

Agreed, but I still think the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Especially since the programs in more traditional sports (alpine skiing, nordic skiing, speed skating) have been pretty stagnant, when compared to the massive expansion of the freestyle disciplines...

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sort of like team events in equestrian? I really don't think dual moguls will be added but it fits the criteria.

Curious how would team orders fit into dual moguls (except athletes possibly being told to lose intentionally should they face a team mate). :p

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Curious how would team orders fit into dual moguls (except athletes possibly being told to lose intentionally should they face a team mate). :p

The FIS will almost certainly propose a mixed dual moguls team event for 2026.

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The ridiculousness continues... 

I, for one, welcome our mixed doubles moguls team event with open arms (especially if it's the four athlete variation rather than the two athlete variation). I've always thought a team event was the best way to add dual moguls to the Olympics.

it's been discussed since a long time...Nordic Combined would likely feature men's and women's individual races and a mixed relay event by 2026...

with truly remote chances to add also the sprint relays for both women and men...

"small" hills will be abandoned with time...

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's been discussed since a long time...Nordic Combined would likely feature men's and women's individual races and a mixed relay event by 2026...

with truly remote chances to add also the sprint relays for both women and men...

"small" hills will be abandoned with time...

Omw, I'd imagine at least 20 quotas for women, and the men would for sure suffer a drastic drop if this is the case.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Dual moguls would be a total nonsense...

It would be like doubling up diving events, only to have one half decided using the traditional format, and the other half using the ah-mazing bracket format.

This redundancy of Winter events has to stop. Now.

Can we have this in speed skating? First a competition where a set of medals is decided as per usual, through a ranking of times. Afterwards the result of this event can be used as the seeding for a second event, where the medals are awarded after a bracket format!

I mean, biathlon can have one medal event where the result of another medal event even gives actual, hard advantages, so surely speed skating can have the same with a lesser advantage even? And not for all events, of course, only the 500m, 1000m and 1500m :)!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!