website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Sports Programme

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

The FIS will almost certainly propose a mixed dual moguls team event for 2026.

Ah, of course. Adding a near-copy of an existing event wasn't unnecessary enough, it had to be mixed. Because.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's been discussed since a long time...Nordic Combined would likely feature men's and women's individual races and a mixed relay event by 2026...

with truly remote chances to add also the sprint relays for both women and men...

"small" hills will be abandoned with time...

To be fair, women's Nordic combined in 2026 wouldn't be half bad. It's great it was not added for 2022, that would have been ridiculously early, but it might be alright for 2026. There's been an international circuit of competition going on already, unlike for example women's monobob which was added before it even had a regular international competition circuit.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, women's Nordic combined in 2026 wouldn't be half bad. It's great it was not added for 2022, that would have been ridiculously early, but it might be alright for 2026. There's been an international circuit of competition going on already, unlike for example women's monobob which was added before it even had a regular international competition circuit.

Adding monobob also doesn't solve the gender imbalance, at all.

41 minutes ago, intoronto said:

we will have 6 teams then, like lol, this is dumb by the ioc

Well, not if you change the Men’s Team to a Mixed Team.

My guess for changes to Nordic Combined are: -1 men’s individual event, +1 women’s individual event, -1 men’s team event, +1 mixed team event

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's basically a given that men's Nordic combined will be dropped to 30 starters so to make room for the women...

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure I would notice a difference in competition with 30 men's starters. It's not like there are 'exotic' athletes we would miss (like we would in cross-country), because they aren't in the sport at all in the first place. Don't get me wrong, never a fan of reducing the number of starters in any event, but there are plenty of sports where I'd find it worse.