website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Milano-Cortina 2026 Sports Programme

30 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Looks like snow volleyball has chance to be come new olympic sport arlt these games

You know what, I'm would be super okay with snow volleyball, cyclocross and cross country running being added to the winter games. They don't require any permanent venues and they would open up the winter Olympics to regions who aren't traditionally very involved in them.

29 minutes ago, NearPup said:

You know what, I'm would be super okay with snow volleyball, cyclocross and cross country running being added to the winter games. They don't require any permanent venues and they would open up the winter Olympics to regions who aren't traditionally very involved in them.

Cyclocross and Country Country are ineligible since they are not run on ice/snow. 

Generally, I’m all for new sports/disciplines making their way into the Olympics. Snow Volleyball has a sound format, and would probably open the door to less traditional nations.

However, traditional winter sports (for which the Winter Games were created in the first place), lose their protection. If Snow Volleyball is added, will Snow Handball, Snow Tennis, Ice Football, etc. be added? 

Every summer sport would just event a snow variant of itself (similar to what’s happened with beach variants in the last decade), in order to get an easy spot on the program. 

Winter Olympics should be for sports that require ice/snow in order happen, not for sports that just use it as a gimmick to get more international clout.

That’s just my opinion. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

Looks like snow volleyball has chance to be come new olympic sport arlt these games

Still a better timed choice than women's monobob :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Cyclocross and Country Country are ineligible since they are not run on ice/snow. 

Generally, I’m all for new sports/disciplines making their way into the Olympics. Snow Volleyball has a sound format, and would probably open the door to less traditional nations.

However, traditional winter sports (for which the Winter Games were created in the first place), lose their protection. If Snow Volleyball is added, will Snow Handball, Snow Tennis, Ice Football, etc. be added? 

Every summer sport would just event a snow variant of itself (similar to what’s happened with beach variants in the last decade), in order to get an easy spot on the program. 

Winter Olympics should be for sports that require ice/snow in order happen, not for sports that just use it as a gimmick to get more international clout.

That’s just my opinion. 

Cyclocross doesn't use it as a gimmick though. It's held on snow if there's snow, it's not if there's no snow. And it is definitely a sport that's held in the winter, although it probably would fit better in the Autumn Olympics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

be serious, guys! it's not gonna happen anything said here in the last few hours...

the only new events that could be part of the 2026 schedule are Natural Track Luge and Ski Mountaineering...

even Ice Climbing is highly unlikely to be named into the program...

and there is absolutely no chance anything else would eventually be accepted by the organizers...actually, it's way more likely that some existing events will be cut from the original schedule to save some money...

47 minutes ago, phelps said:

be serious, guys! it's not gonna happen anything said here in the last few hours...

the only new events that could be part of the 2026 schedule are Natural Track Luge and Ski Mountaineering...

even Ice Climbing is highly unlikely to be named into the program...

and there is absolutely no chance anything else would eventually be accepted by the organizers...actually, it's way more likely that some existing events will be cut from the original schedule to save some money...

About snow volleyball i heard Boricic speaking in our tv news, he is president of CEV or so ....:mumble:

Minimum it will be test event but it looks like they go for more