website statistics

Men's Golf IGF PGA Tour 2019 - 2020

NaBUru38

Odd situation just occurred at the 13th hole for Haotong Li. His tee shot apparently hit a tree & nobody could find his ball. The ball could have landed in the tree. As a result, Li had to take a 2 stroke penalty which resulted in a double bogey. Li is now down 2 strokes from the leader. Terribly unlucky :wacko:

DJ on top of the ranking after the "moving day"...

but there are a lot of players still within reach (17 in a 4-stroke range, 29 within 6 strokes from the leader)...

very curious to see how some new faces among the rising stars of the PGA Tour are going to manage the pressure of the last day of a Major Tournament while fighting for the win...

p.s. my 2 cents are on Koepka doin' it again...

p.p.s. live leaderboard, here:

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/pga-championship/leaderboard.html

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:USA Collin Morikawa with an eagle on par four and with two holes left that should do it IMO.

I don't follow golf that much but I haven't even heard about this guy a few months ago. And he's poised to win a major in only his major start!

Morikawa has won!! I also have never heard of him since the restart, but the guy might be golf’s new superstar. This guy is the future and the future is now. Incredible performance :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, bmo said:

Morikawa has won!! I also have never heard of him since the restart, but the guy might be golf’s new superstar. This guy is the future and the future is now. Incredible performance :thumbup:

This remains to be seen. We haven't had one true dominator in men's golf for a while. Winning two or three majors in this ultra-competitive era is quite an achievement already. Morikawa doesn't have the power supply some of the others do and of course let's see how he handles pressure now that he's a major winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Scottie Scheffler shot a 12 under 59 today!!! He becomes the 12th player in Tour history to score lower than 60 in a round. He isn’t even in first place though :facepalm:Dustin Johnson leads Scheffler by 2 strokes. DJ has 2 eagles & 7 birdies through 11 holes. He could card a 59 as well. What a crazy day so far!

2 hours ago, bmo said:

Scottie Scheffler shot a 12 under 59 today!!! He becomes the 12th player in Tour history to score lower than 60 in a round. He isn’t even in first place though :facepalm:Dustin Johnson leads Scheffler by 2 strokes. DJ has 2 eagles & 7 birdies through 11 holes. He could card a 59 as well. What a crazy day so far!

Update: Dustin Johnson finished with a 60