website statistics

Asian Beach Games 2023

Totallympics

In the hope of this event actually taking place, I thought it might be a good time to open up a thread since we’re only a few months out.

Here’s the official website: http://en.sanya2020.cn/2/149/161/2020/0429/show-691.html

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Why does China always seem to have the worst websites for multi-sports games? They are always “heavy” and hard to navigate. It takes forever to find the information I want. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@MHSN so the OCA has a very different list of events than that document you shared...

I’m going to choose to trust that document produced by the LOC over the OCA.

28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@MHSN so the OCA has a very different list of events than that document you shared...

I’m going to choose to trust that document produced by the LOC over the OCA.

what are the difference exactly ? sometimes they know sports under different names.

that document is what they sent to the NOCs. so I guess that's official

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

what are the difference exactly ? sometimes they know sports under different names.

that document is what they sent to the NOCs. so I guess that's official

Check the OCA website, it’s a mess, and they some weird crap listed. (I.e. Mixed 3x3 Basketball)

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Even if China and few other nations are ready what is the probability that other nations will be able to make it. They won't have sufficient practice either. While some countries may not afford to send their athletes after the economic crisis. 

Yeah, I’m not confident these games will take place either...

It’s nice to pretend like a multi-sports games will take place this year though :p

China State General Administration of Sports just published an announcement that all international sport events this year except 2022 Winter Olympic test events should be theoretically canceled or rescheduled, especially mentioning Asian Beach Games would be cautiously adjusted but without further details until now.

• 1 month later...