website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

You know, after more than 5 years living here i got used to this thing of not having almost any national holidays. But the 5 of May not being one of them, i just find it really weird... i mean, it's not even like celebrating independence from centuries ago or some random religious stuff, it's the day you were liberated from nazis, the most evil thing ever! Hope they eventually change it to a yearly national holiday :)

(On the other hand, the May 4th two minutes of silence is actually impressive, really nice tradition)

I entirely agree about 5 May! We have a free Monday for Easter and Pentecost of all things, like anyone really knows what on earth Pentecost is even about :d

I'm fine with having them as free Mondays, but 5 May is much more logical indeed.

On the other hand, it feels like every other week Bruna tells me this or that doesn't work in Brazil either because it's the umpteenth holiday or because "people are free on Thursday so nobody will work on Friday just for one day" :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 8 months later...

Here the cake for tomorrow morning is in the oven (my dad usually makes one with my sister, but she's working these days, so I helped him a little :p), after lunch we'll move on to the final parts of tonight's dinner. There's already a whole bowl of meat (deer) marinating in the fridge since yesterday and the smell coming out of the fridge is super promising :wub: 

After lunch (just a regular lunch) we'll prepare that and the side dishes and such for tonight :d 

Tomorrow we're at family all day, no idea what the menu will be then. Although afterwards we go eat with my sister and her boyfriend, with one of these sets :p

550x286.jpg

26 December is entirely free for us this year, no appointments/obligations or anything :cheer: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And in case he's awake already, @Olympian1010's tradition can start as well :d