website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

Since christmas start 24th in Slovakia I wish you all a Merry Christmas, wish you folks a lot of love, joy and happiness, and May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories. as I said christmas start 24th here,

Christmas gifts in CZ/SK are brought today 24th right after the dinner. Family gifts are put under the Christmas Tree. A common tradition is that the children have to leave the room when the presents are being brought by "ježiško" (Baby Jesus). When they are there a bell is rung. The children then run to the Christmas Tree to try and see the Baby Jesus but they always narrowly miss him! Then the present are opened. Most people open their presents after the main Christmas meal, although some open them before they eat!

so once again Mery Christmas :)

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt merry christmas from slovakia

Wow! You celebrate Christmas like we do in Guadalajara in particular... Tonight we have dinner with our family and we open the presents after dinner. Also, kids presents are brought by Baby Jesus, unlike the rest of Mexico where they're brought by Santa Claus or by the 3 Wise Men (of course, until January 6th)

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Wow! You celebrate Christmas like we do in Guadalajara in particular... Tonight we have dinner with our family and we open the presents after dinner. Also, kids presents are brought by Baby Jesus, unlike the rest of Mexico where they're brought by Santa Claus or by the 3 Wise Men (of course, until January 6th)

wow. thats cool, I didn´t knew that. :) I know that in many places the celebrations starts tomorrow, so I´m surprised to see that your part of Mexico celebrate it like we do. We just finished the dinner and we opened the presents, so now it´s the TV time :d

btw if you want to know more about our christmas celebrations and how such 24th december "štedrý deň" - generous day, looks like, here you can find a nice article in this blog here it is http://kidworldcitizen.org/2012/12/12/christmas-in-slovakia-a-recipe-for-medovniky-slovak-honey-cookies/

Merry Christmas :)

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, Christmas here is 25 and 26 December, which are simply called 'First/Second Christmas Day' :p 

I believe the evening of 24 December is called 'Christmas evening' and some people have a large dinner with their family at home. Others don't, it's really all up to you, there is no absolute 'tradition' :d 

I just find it annoying that there's basically no sports at all for 3 days. Apart from some football, but who cares about club football. 

Interesting - here there is no sport (absolutely none) on the 25th but the 26th is one of the busiest days of the year for football, rugby and horse racing especially.

Edited by Dragon
Typo

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

Interesting - here this is no sport (absolutely none) on the 25th but the 26th is one of the busiest days of the year for football, rugby and horse racing especially.

There's no sports here on the 25th neither and as far as I know the same goes for the 26th, but I was talking in general about what I could watch :p 

I know there's English football on Boxing Day, but...yeah, club football.. :p (although that's the day we'll spend with family this time, so I'm sort of happy there's nothing big that day that I am missing out on) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Happy Hannukah as well, just heard on TV that for the first time since 1978, it's on the same day as the day before Christmas starts :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!