website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

He could indeed just say "wait, you are injured? Ok then, I will not compete while you are injured." I'm sure the Neureuther's and Svindal's of this world would definitely do that and sit out competitions when their rivals are injured yes_new.gif

That's not "vulturing", that's just bad luck for the others. There's quite a huge difference between the two things. Unless Hirscher went to them and hit them with an iron bar to injure them or something, but I doubt that happened. 

I'm just explaining the asterisks that the result books don't show. :p 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

I'm just explaining the asterisks that the result books don't show. :p 

Well if we would do that with every victory of everyone in every sport, we'd have to make a full-time job out of it :p 

Staying fit is part of sports as well, I have no doubt that his rivals are a bit more sportsmanlike and don't feel like he stole the titles :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Adriana Jelinkova to represent the Netherlands again, her 9th WC and hopefully this season she'll have more than the 2 and 1 of the last two seasons :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Adriana Jelinkova to represent the Netherlands again, her 9th WC and hopefully this season she'll have more than the 2 and 1 of the last two seasons :p 

Do you know what's the trick behind her name? :p

#banbestmen

By the way, look at Team Switzerland :yikes:

Camille Rast - 1999

Melanie Meillard - 1998

Aline Danioth - 1998

Those last two have already shown a huge amount of talent at the international stage, especially Danioth, so this should be interesting to follow this season :cheer:

The German talent Katrin Hirtl-Stanggassinger will be making her WC-debut tomorrow, very interesting name as well. 

Just now, dcro said:

Nope :p 

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nope :p 

Jelínek in czech mean little deer :d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelinek

and btw Jelínek is the most famous czech producer of fruit alcohol http://www.rudolfjelinek.com/

Edited by heywoodu