website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

1 hour ago, dcro said:

People love hysteria. Ebola was very popular in 2014, to an extent that Liberia and Sierra Leone were banned from competing at YOG... I haven't heard anything about Ebola for at least one year, it magically vanished. ;)

Not magically. It was a huge effort by local and international NGO's working to make people understand that they should stay away from people who died from ebola. The main reason for the danger and spread was bad education.

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

Not magically. It was a huge effort by local and international NGO's working to make people understand that they should stay away from people who died from ebola. The main reason for the danger and spread was bad education.

Well, media was making pandemia out of that with headlines like "first case of pandemia in GB" and so on. Hysteria wasn't really about how local people in West Africa dealt with that.

Now again it's all about making Zika virus global after Olympics.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, media was making pandemia out of that with headlines like "first case of pandemia in GB" and so on. Hysteria wasn't really about how local people in West Africa dealt with that.

Now again it's all about making Zika virus global after Olympics.

Well, ebola is extremely dangerous, though mainly in poor countries. It could potentially have been a pandemic, if not fought.

But there's no doubt that the search for sensation makes it seem like a pandemic is just around the corner (SARS and Bird flu are 2 other examples).

But it is still necessary to be cautious, also when it comes to zika.

Little bit of controversy in Colombia. The people voted for the flag bearer out of 7 options until June 30th and results are expected to be revealed on Wednesday. Yesterday, Ibarguen tweeted that she won't win because the sponsor of the contest is a rival of her main sponsor and that the contest is rigged. COC has denied this.

33 minutes ago, carivan said:

Little bit of controversy in Colombia. The people voted for the flag bearer out of 7 options until June 30th and results are expected to be revealed on bWednesday. Yesterday, Ibarguen tweeted that she won't win because the sponsor of the contest is a rival of her main sponsor and that the contest is rigged. COC has denied this.

I think that is very stupid make a survey for select the flag bearer.

Ps. welcome in Totallympics :cheer:

Edited by Gianlu33

hace 9 minutos, Gianlu33 said:

I think that is very stupid make a survey for select the flag bearer.

Ps. welcome in Totallympics :cheer:

Agreed. Although, tbh, I'd be fine with any of the 7 candidates so I don't mind it too much this time. I voted for Ibarguen, anyway.

Ps. Thank you!

9 hours ago, carivan said:

Little bit of controversy in Colombia. The people voted for the flag bearer out of 7 options until June 30th and results are expected to be revealed on Wednesday. Yesterday, Ibarguen tweeted that she won't win because the sponsor of the contest is a rival of her main sponsor and that the contest is rigged. COC has denied this.

Imagine that she wins it after comment like this. :d

Anyway, it's strange to say that something is rigged before the results come up.

#banbestmen

hace 9 minutos, dcro said:

Imagine that she wins it after comment like this. :d

Anyway, it's strange to say that something is rigged before the results come up.

It is very weird. Her sponsors probably warned or she's trying to put them on the spotlight and avoid any shenanigans. Btw, this is Colombia, Congress elections are still two years away and I can tell you right now that the results are rigged lol.