website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

Return to rio is on NBC sports network rn if any of my American friends are interested. Women’s team gymnastics final is on now, with women’s all around on later tonight. Also, Women’s road race and time trial tonight.

1 hour ago, bmo said:

Return to rio is on NBC sports network rn if any of my American friends are interested. Women’s team gymnastics final is on now, with women’s all around on later tonight. Also, Women’s road race and time trial tonight.

Women’s road race is worth a watch. Features one of the most memorable crashes in history, not to mention an outstanding finish.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Women’s road race is worth a watch. Features one of the most memorable crashes in history, not to mention an outstanding finish.

That’s not on until 1 am here on the east coast :facepalm:

I will definitely record it and watch tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, bmo said:

That’s not on until 1 am here on the east coast :facepalm:

I will definitely record it and watch tomorrow. 

I guess you’ll stay up and watch it like the true Totallympian you are dammit! :p

By the way, what’s online school looking like for you?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I guess you’ll stay up and watch it like the true Totallympian you are dammit! :p

By the way, what’s online school looking like for you?

For the rest of the year grades are based on participation & completing the assignments that teachers give out. The students have to stay up to date using zoom, email, etc. Each teacher has office hours (through zoom) once a week if students have questions. We turn in assignments through a platform called schoology (not sure if you are familiar with it or not). We don’t know how exams will work though.

How long are you out of school for?

9 minutes ago, bmo said:

For the rest of the year grades are based on participation & completing the assignments that teachers give out. The students have to stay up to date using zoom, email, etc. Each teacher has office hours (through zoom) once a week if students have questions. We turn in assignments through a platform called schoology (not sure if you are familiar with it or not). We don’t know how exams will work though.

How long are you out of school for?

Unfortunately, I’m not “out” school. Remember I attend a CC. I still get graded on all assignments. Participation and attendance is mandatory in all online lectures (which every class has). Office hours are offered on top of that through Zoom. Our digital platform is Canvas, and I’m not familiar with Schoology. We have exams in Canvas and through a specialty app. It’s hell. It’s hard to keep up on work. It’s too much for many students, and the college has handled Covid-19 just about as well as Trump if I’m being honest.

My life will be this constant hell hole until May 29th.

On a sidenote, what colleges/universities are you considering applying for?

36 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Unfortunately, I’m not “out” school. Remember I attend a CC. I still get graded on all assignments. Participation and attendance is mandatory in all online lectures (which every class has). Office hours are offered on top of that through Zoom. Our digital platform is Canvas, and I’m not familiar with Schoology. We have exams in Canvas and through a specialty app. It’s hell. It’s hard to keep up on work. It’s too much for many students, and the college has handled Covid-19 just about as well as Trump if I’m being honest.

My life will be this constant hell hole until May 29th.

On a sidenote, what colleges/universities are you considering applying for?

Well good luck. Your classes are done on May 29th? Is that late or normal for Cali. Michigan unis get out at the end of April. 

I am am going to start applying this summer to Michigan State, Central Michigan & Oakland University. Maybe more, but I am pretty sure I will get in to one of those schools.

41 minutes ago, bmo said:

Well good luck. Your classes are done on May 29th? Is that late or normal for Cali. Michigan unis get out at the end of April. 

I am am going to start applying this summer to Michigan State, Central Michigan & Oakland University. Maybe more, but I am pretty sure I will get in to one of those schools.

California CC calendar is bit a different from the university calendar. We started this semester on February 2nd (which was great in terms of enjoying the YOG).

I don’t know a lot about those schools, but you should consider California :p (I’m assuming Oakland U is in Michigan because I haven’t heard of it).