website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

Solid Sunday for Team USA. We had 2 sleds in the top 10 in the women’s 2 man Bobsled WC. Meyers Taylor grabbed bronze in that event & Humphries finished 6th. Also, Tyler Wallasch finished 5th in the ski cross WC. Summer Britcher took bronze in the Women’s luge WC with Farquharson finishing 8th. They then followed that up later with 4th place & 7th place in the sprint event. Emily Sweeney finished 8th in that event as well. Faye Gulini gets another 2nd place finish in the women’s snowboard cross WC. Hagen Kearney & Jake Vedder finished in 3rd & 4th on the men’s side. Brittany Bowe had another great day finishing 6th in the women’s 500m speed skating WC & 1st in the women’s 1000m. 

It’s been a great winter season for the US so far. I hope to see some of the momentum carried into the upcoming world champs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Interesting article about the national shooting team. I can’t say I see eye to eye with them on a few things...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Interesting article about the national shooting team. I can’t say I see eye to eye with them on a few things...

Hillsdale College is only about a 2 hour drive from where I live, so that’s kinda cool. If they invest money and make a great facility and program than I don’t have an issue. 

37 minutes ago, bmo said:

No medals from the Luge World Championships today, but Jamie Anderson won gold in slope style at the X games.

Dusty Henricksen takes gold in the Knuckle Huck. That’s two golds for Californian athletes :d