website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

40 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

California CC calendar is bit a different from the university calendar. We started this semester on February 2nd (which was great in terms of enjoying the YOG).

I don’t know a lot about those schools, but you should consider California :p (I’m assuming Oakland U is in Michigan because I haven’t heard of it). 

Yes Oakland U is in Michigan. About 15 minutes from where I live. As much as I would want to go to school in California, it is too damn expensive. 

Anyway, I am heading off to bed, good night and stay safe!

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, bmo said:

Happy Indpendence Day to my American friends. 

Happy #AllCountriesMatterDay to you too! :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I feel bad for all our veterans with PTSD tonight. People are going apeshit with fireworks where I live.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I feel bad for all our veterans with PTSD tonight. People are going apeshit with fireworks where I live.

Luckily they have stopped here because I am about to go to bed.

1 minute ago, bmo said:

Luckily they have stopped here because I am about to go to bed.

Also thankful I don’t sleep until 1AM nowadays :pope:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bmo said:

https://www.nbcolympics.com/

NBC Olympics has updated their “sports” tab. It gives good descriptions of competition format for pretty much every event.

This is honestly pretty useful, there were some sports (notably surfing) where I wasn't sure of the exact competition format.

Men's and women's doubles in Tennis being two set matches with a super tie-break third set breaks my heart, though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

NBC is shutting down NBC Sports Network at the end of the year :(. All of their sporting events will likely head to Peacock. I think we will see more and more sports heading to streaming services in the near future.