website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Live Streaming Channels and Blogs

15 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Nbc doing it here and for the most part its awesome because they show literally everything live except maybe ceremony.  Most events are also available on demand right after.  However the big issue is that the main sports sometimes are not available for on demand until after the primetime broadcast in the evening.   So any country offering immediate playback features for every event that i can get through a vpn

i heard that you have to give the cable subscription number to watch live streams ?...true ? 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 horas atrás, gvaisakh disse:

Olympics is a huge event & hence I have a feeling that youtube will be showing live streaming of each & every sport throughout each day & won't have geolocation restriction. So don't think anyone would need to use proxy/vpn browser extension

This would be great but I'm not sure that the national tv channels - that acquire the expensive broadcast rights - would be happy with that... :mumble:

Here our national public tv channel (RTP) will broadcast some of the sports (usually it's available on their stream playerRTP PLAY), but the full 24/7 live sports broadcaster is a paid tv channel, SPORT TV, which I guess would loose a lot of ratings if their shown content were available on youtube.... 

Italian public TV, RAI, announced that they will have, together with a 3-channel TV coverage*, a full set of up to 36 streamings in High Def (720p, I guess) at the same time (some of them with Italian commentary, some others just with environmental sound) available via their website (www.rai.tv)...

of course, there's a very high chance that people outside Italy would need a VPN to have access to it...

those 3 channels (rai2, raisport1 & 2) are available to the European audience via satellite on Hotbird @ 13 East (rai2 also on Astra @ 19.2 East), but of course they are encrypted, so you need a TivuSat smart card to view them (that card is normally for Italian viewers only, but it can be found on e-bay and some Sat TV material resellers over the internet also for all the people around the World)...

5 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

Olympics is a huge event & hence I have a feeling that youtube will be showing live streaming of each & every sport throughout each day & won't have geolocation restriction. So don't think anyone would need to use proxy/vpn browser extension

I don;t think so. The countries where rights are held will most certainly be geoblocked. 

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

I don;t think so. The countries where rights are held will most certainly be geoblocked. 

Yes but you can access BBC with just hola unblocker - this is because I presume they are a national player and are free to view but some of the TV players like NBC i believe you cannot access their live streams even with geo unlocking because you need a paid subscription to see them ?? ...not fully sure about this as I have never used nbc

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

If I am not wrong, YouTube showed live streaming of Commonwealth Games 2014 held at Glasgow & was a huge success. So why not Rio Olympics?

Google has enough money to buy out the online live streaming rights & I feel they will do it by end of this month.

It is the best way to prevent piracy & people from using proxy sites which IOC would find it reasonable.

With the current generation leading a hectic life & won't have access to TV (while in office), YouTube would be the ideal choice for them

Coverage by Croatian television will be bad as usual, looking at the schedule for the first few days...

There are so many replays in schedule. Ok, replays can be fine but these are not fine because:

a) a lot of the replays are actually the replays of events that they broadcasted live

b) most of the replays will actually be put during the time when other live competitions are being held :facepalm:

London 2012 coverage was like a dream with Eurovision sports TV, which allowed watching anything you like. Perhaps that's why I have such a bad memories of Sochi. Apart from few sports that our television showed, I basically had to rely on bad quality streams (yes, I didn't use VPNs then). And on top of that I missed so much because of school...

Eurovision sports TV is again not broadcasting so I'm getting worried that I won't be able to watch even equestrian without some VPN. Olympics should be available to everyone (yes, even those whose host broadcasters are horrible). :cry:

#banbestmen