website statistics

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread

uk12points

Little story on the cancellation or the African Para Games: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1688

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Bombshell announcement by the IPC today: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1690

I’m rather shocked by this. It’s the most played paralympic sport worldwide. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

I like how there is no bulshit with IPC. Russia doping - banned. Belarus protesting - banned. Wheelchair basketball irregulations - removed.

If only IOC had a spine like that...

It’s truly blissful isn’t it. They have to be one of the best governed sports bodies worldwide.

My general rule is that people who grew up on the bottom, generally know how to better govern than those who grew up on top. Many of the people in the Paralympic movement grew up in the face discrimination, hardship, etc., so they want to make things as free, as fair, and as equal as possible.

If you read the article I posted a few days ago, you can see that the IPC is always looking for ways to improve the sports they govern. It’s so refreshing, and it’s one of the reasons I like Para-Sports so much.

I can’t wait for the Paralympics this summer (with or without Wheelchair Basketball :p)

Jozef Metelka did it again, 7th Indidual 4000m Pursut world title in a row, since 2014 he never failed to win the Individual Pursuit gold World Championships or Paralympic Games.

Congrats !

by this win he is also leading the Omnium by 14 points with one last event (scratch) remaining

On 31/01/2020 at 17:57, Olympian1010 said:

Bombshell announcement by the IPC today: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1690

I’m rather shocked by this. It’s the most played paralympic sport worldwide. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Oh damn :yikes: 

That is no-nonsense indeed :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 2. 2. 2020 at 10:43, hckosice said:

Jozef Metelka did it again, 7th Indidual 4000m Pursut world title in a row, since 2014 he never failed to win the Individual Pursuit gold World Championships or Paralympic Games.

Congrats !

by this win he is also leading the Omnium by 14 points with one last event (scratch) remaining

and he won 2 other Gold medals in Scratch and Omnium. so 3 G 1 S this time.

Next goal clear : Repeat Rio 2016 in Tokyo and became again the most successful cyclist at the Paralympics

6103680_1200x.jpeg?rev=3

• 3 weeks later...