website statistics

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread

uk12points

15 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

It was Australia's second match. They played against Finland two days ago, where they lost 6-1. 

One would think Finland is at least somewhat decent in a sport like ice sledge hockey...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

China won their second match, 5-0, against host nation, Finland. China is promoted to next year's Pool B of World Para Ice Hockey.  

I'm telling you, China created a team out of some non-Paralympic top athletes and is gonna medal in Beijing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm telling you, China created a team out of some non-Paralympic top athletes and is gonna medal in Beijing :p 

China is the best China... or China's para ice hockey team is better than China's ice hockey team. 

4 hours ago, wumo26 said:

China is the best China... or China's para ice hockey team is better than China's ice hockey team. 

I think they took their hockey team and made it Paralympic, if you catch my drift :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think they took their hockey team and made it Paralympic, if you catch my drift :p

Now you're stealing my drift of two posts earlier :p 

On Thu Nov 08 2018 at 06:05, heywoodu said:

Jesus, did they cut off some legs to create a para-army or something? :yikes: 

Although Chinese sledge hockey started late, it is developing rapidly.In recent years, they has also gone abroad many times.They competed with some strong teams like Russia to accumulate experience.This score is so amazing,but this score also confirms their efforts

On 08/11/2018 at 05:05, heywoodu said:

Jesus, did they cut off some legs to create a para-army or something? :yikes: 

Well they have 1 billion people and a well-organized sport system.. When China start to be interested in one sport, you'd better prepare...

Indonesia have 250 million people and ....:rolleyes:

You can understand why China have picked ice sledge hockey as a sport to focus on when looking at the rapid development of Russia and South Korea over the past 8 years, both winning medals at their home games despite very little previous success at the Paralympics. I would expect China to develop some promising talents in para nordic skiing too, where certain events have a pretty poor standard and China should be able to win multiple medals in Beijing.