website statistics

Jelle's Marble Runs Discussion Thread

Olympian1010

Not a bad showing for the marbles in orange. I’ll take a 6th (especially when those damn Minty Maniacs finish 8th). The battle at the top is really close right now, so I’ll be hoping for a medal next time around (and for one of the Minty Maniacs to shatter into a thousand pieces :p). 

I liked Hurdles. This is a good, classic Marble League event. It seemed very fair. The ML records falling left and right were bonus. Interestingly, had Mellow Yellow not set the new ML record, the Raspberry Racers would have broken, and set a new one in every heat they raced! That is some ridiculous consistency right there.

Another observation I had was that it seemed beneficial to have a “meh/middle” start. Those who came out of the blocks second and third seemed to do really well. Even a couple of 4th placed starters managed to sneak into the following heats. It seemed like a fast start meant your momentum was killed by the hurdles, while a medium start allowed you build momentum in the middle section.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Sorry, that was a farce.  :finger:  There’s no way Raspberry Racers should have been allowed to bring in a substitute for the Final after getting a runner injured in finishing the semi.  Fair enough, the marble had earned a 4th place finish, and deserved the points, but bringing in a fresh roller after the other marbles had already run two races.....not really what top class international Made-for-YouTube sport is about.:thumbdown:

Hope there’ll be an appeal & the judges can reconsider overnight.

Ooooooooooooooo! Another solid performance and podium for the marbles in orange!

We hold the overall lead now too!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Disappointing performances by my teams. Minty Maniacs get 14th and the Hazers place last. Still plenty of events to go. 

The only good thing about the Wisps winning is that they donate money to Gleaners food bank in SE Michigan which is where I do volunteer work.

40 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Tough to watch from MY.  Solid first leg, did not improve in the second.....still dead last!  Think I’d be looking to write this year off, clear out the dead wood & give the youngsters a chance now.

The Orangers are gettin rather close to being 100 points ahead of Mellow Yellow. I don’t know if there’s every been such a gap between first and last this early in the Marble League. 

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo! We threw the win away today in a highly competitive final, but we still managed to sneak away with a bronze. Plus, we strengthen our overall lead in standings, so a good day still. 

I’m not a huge fan of layout of triathlon, but that event was entertaining as hell.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo! We threw the win away today in a highly competitive final, but we still managed to sneak away with a bronze. Plus, we strengthen our overall lead in standings, so a good day still. 

I’m not a huge fan of layout of triathlon, but that event was entertaining as hell.

awesome final, any one of four could have one.  MY another disaster straight out of the blocks.  Don’t know how many times this year poor starts have destroyed us.

I am happy because the Hazers won gold, but mad because the Minty Maniacs continue to drop down in the standings.

The triathlon might be the best event yet. The race can change quickly, especially in the transitions like we saw in the final.