website statistics

Jelle's Marble Runs Discussion Thread

Olympian1010

Also, Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That’s 2 wins out of 4 events for the Orangers! My heart will not be able to handle the rest of the events if we’re actually going to have a shot at this title.

@bmo It’s shaping up to be a great competition between our teams.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also, Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That’s 2 wins out of 4 events for the Orangers! My heart will not be able to handle the rest of the events if we’re actually going to have a shot at this title.

@bmo It’s shaping up to be a great competition between our teams.

Yes it is!! Orangers & Minty Maniacs both have 2 gold medals. Can’t wait for Sunday.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the Newton’s Cradle event. Too much science :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, bmo said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of the Newton’s Cradle event. Too much science :facepalm:

Hahaha. Spoken like a true American :p

Real talk though, I didn’t like it either like I said in my original post. It wasn’t the most interesting to watch, and the results seem more questionable than the other events (based on a) where the final measurement is made and b) teams at the end seem to have an advantage).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It wasn’t the most interesting to watch, and the results seem more questionable than the other events (based on a) where the final measurement is made and b) teams at the end seem to have an advantage).

Very questionable.. Come on these are marbles. Felt like Round 6 of an athletics field event final with those at the end doing way better than those who are at the beginning. If same teams are winning it doesn't make fun. It should be unpredictable but rather it's following real sport event finals. 

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Very questionable.. Come on these are marbles. Felt like Round 6 of an athletics field event final with those at the end doing way better than those who are at the beginning. If same teams are winning it doesn't make fun. It should be unpredictable but rather it's following real sport event finals. 

Mellow Yellow last again, what are the odds?  Starting to feel like we are jinxed.

On 10/07/2020 at 21:41, Grassmarket said:

Mellow Yellow last again, what are the odds?  Starting to feel like we are jinxed.

I have a feeling @Olympian1010 has given  a large sum of money to make the Orangers win this season more than any fans of minty maniacs or raspberry racers did conbined. Sadly no one put their money on mellow yellow. 

Hello there! Just to remind - today is the E5: Long Jump - 9 PM CET, 7 PM GMT, 3 PM EDT, High Noon in the Wild West (aka 12 PM PST).

Once again together with @Olympian1010we'd like to try watching it together so here's the link to Discord once more. Just to remind two things:

1. The idea of our Discord channel is to watch and enjoy the events together, not to move the discussion outside the forum, so please, use it for the events time only.

2. The idea of our Discord channel is the voice channel, which some of you might have missed last week. Of course, you can simply join to listen to our discussions, that's not a problem. However, if you join also to share your point of view, please take care of the technical side, aka microphone.

https://discord.gg/zSZWb6

Another great event in the Marble League! Crazy Cats Eye has joined the Orangers & Minty Maniacs on top of the standings. Still a very open competition.

35 minutes ago, bmo said:

Another great event in the Marble League! Crazy Cats Eye has joined the Orangers & Minty Maniacs on top of the standings. Still a very open competition.

I’m very happy for Crazy Cats Eyes. @Vojthas and myself weren’t that impressed by the event though. There could easily be questions raised about the scoring method.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m very happy for Crazy Cats Eyes. @Vojthas and myself weren’t that impressed by the event though. There could easily be questions raised about the scoring method.

Oh yeah and also I don't like the reverse order starting from the last position team every time. At this rate I'm likely gonna lose interest.