website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

10 godzin temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

Phelps and tom shields 1:54.84.  1:55.81.  

thx thx thx!! :) - times to beat for Świtkowski in theory

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

59 minutes ago, konig said:

Im waiting FINA, i want the list of OQT and invited OST :fingers:

I wouldn't hold your breath, FINA hasn't even released the qualified athlete list for diving. I'm hoping we'll get it over the next two weeks.

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath, FINA hasn't even released the qualified athlete list for diving. I'm hoping we'll get it over the next two weeks.

FINA though made some big promises in the qualification system. :d

Following the end of the qualification period, FINA shall assess the number of athletes having achieved the OQT / “A” Time, the number or relay-only athletes and the number of Universality Places. In order complete the overall athletes’ quota, FINA shall then invite athletes having achieved OST / “B” Time and inform each NOC accordingly by 3 July 2016. An online tracking tool shall be published on the FINA website showing the athletes qualified in each event. FINA will also seek confirmation from NOCs/NFs concerning the participation of swimmers with OQT.

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

FINA though made some big promises in the qualification system. :d

But they didn't say when they will do it ;).

If China, Germany, Netherlands and Sweden can all submit their final teams (and Hungary, if anyone new qualified on top of their 29 announced) we can probably start constructing it ourselves.

1 godzinę temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

Dont scare me with others.  I'm terrified every time i see Chad Le Clos's name already.....

;), it seems that some stars have lost their places in us trials (both swimming and athletics) at the cost of some less experienced guys. Can they repeat their results at OG? I`m not sure (i mean 200m men`s back or shot put for example). Sometimes, also in PL, those less experienced prepare their max shape for trials

1 hour ago, Pavlo said:

;), it seems that some stars have lost their places in us trials (both swimming and athletics) at the cost of some less experienced guys. Can they repeat their results at OG? I`m not sure (i mean 200m men`s back or shot put for example). Sometimes, also in PL, those less experienced prepare their max shape for trials

USA have such a deep pool of talent in Swimming and Athletics (well or basketball LOL) that unless your name is Michael Phelps , Katie Ledecky or Ashton Eaton your place in the olympics is never guaranteed, all it takes is one bad performance in the trials, or bad year like Franklin or Lochte and you are out. BTW Joe Kovacs is the world champion in shot put, also the Diamond League Leader but he didn't have a good performance in the trials

9 godzin temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

USA have such a deep pool of talent in Swimming and Athletics (well or basketball LOL) that unless your name is Michael Phelps , Katie Ledecky or Ashton Eaton your place in the olympics is never guaranteed, all it takes is one bad performance in the trials, or bad year like Franklin or Lochte and you are out. BTW Joe Kovacs is the world champion in shot put, also the Diamond League Leader but he didn't have a good performance in the trials

old veterans in shot put are gone ;). Well, sure, your potential is enormous but the fact is that some of those athletes great at home trails are totally unable to repeat their results at OG. In our internal canoe trails the outcome in Rio can be the same, world championships medallists from 2015 lost and are out, winners probably...won`t repeat their medals in Rio. As to Kovacs? He`s in hard training period? I hope he`s healthy 100%

Edited by Pavlo

44 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

old veterans in shot put are gone ;). Well, sure, your potential is enormous but the fact is that some of those athletes great at home trails are totally unable to repeat their results at OG. In our internal canoe trails the outcome in Rio can be the same, world championships medallists from 2015 lost and are out, winners probably...won`t repeat their medals in Rio. As to Kovacs? He`s in hard training period? I hope he`s healthy 100%

Often athletes come to trials and dont work too hard because there aren't too many people that can prevent them from going to the games. in USA case.... it's the opposite, the athletes work so hard to get through the trials and reach their peak about a month too early. Kovacs is fine, i saw him in the prefontaine classic last month and he was really good