website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

15 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

For repecharge there should be conventional mode Should be followed. Choosing the 6 giving points 6 to 1.. Then highest 4 win. 

A method never seen in a sport tournament (which this is supposed to be mind you). :p

#banbestmen

Okay so I have completed the allocation of judges. The breakdown of the judging guidelines are as follows:

• Each judge will adjudicate in a minimum of 16 matches and a maximum of 17 matches in the group stages.
  • Judges cannot adjudicate in matches within their own group.
  • Judges will adjudicate at least one match involving each song in the group stages.
  • Judges will judge a song a maximum of 2 times in the group stages.
  • Judges will judge a minimun of 3 matches and a maximum of 4 matches in each group (except for their own group).
  • There will be 8 judges allocated to each group match.

I will take a look over it tonight and tomorrow morning to check for any obvious errors and then I will begin sending out private messages to each participant to let them know the list of songs they will judge.

Everyone will be encouraged to vote as early as possible to allow the votes to be gathered and counted in good time. I will probably set the deadline for Monday night, 20th July. Tuesday will be used to validate and count the votes and draft in replacement judges in case someone doesn't turn up to vote.

So I ask of you all to listen to the songs now as much as you can, even before you receive the list of matches you will be involved in because it will take me a little bit of time to release all the info to each judge.

I think we're overestimating the amount of time we're going to be judging the songs.

The real struggle is when you have to compare them with other 20 songs that you have on your shortlist.

In this situation, the 1v1 scenario gives a lot more lenience to the judges.

For example, if I want to kill myself before even getting to the chorus, it's highly likely I'll need only 30 seconds to decide the winner of that specific match.

Yeah, it is likely that you get to judge two songs that you like and struggle a bit, but the percentage of mismatches is going to be huge and it might even continue to be huge depending on who makes it out of groups and how the judges are going to be allocated in further stages. Songs that you really like might even get knocked out without you ever deciding anything (in a scenario where the song is in the same group as your representative or you not being allocated to judge it in quarters/semis etc)

I am also planning on showing a TISC Open 2013 replay. I'm not sure yet when to hold it. I was planning on holding it on one of the weekends during the contest but the first weekend is going to have "Super Saturday" and so then I thought maybe hold it during one of the days designated as  a"Voting Day". But I probably need my full attention on that day to keep gathering the votes and sending reminders so that's a non-starter.

So maybe I will hold it this Saturday instead as a kick-starter before the contest begins on Wednesday.

If nothing else, the TISC 2013 replay will give new users an opportunity to re-live a contest that is no longer available since it was opened on the old forum. I will be able to create a new thread on this forum with the TISC Open 2013 replay to allow users to at least re-live the grand final scoring, jury by jury.

None of the first 5 contests (TISC Open 2013 to TISC Open 2015) are available to find on the new forum so there's no way for new users to re-live them the way they can with the later contests as there are threads on this forum for each of those later editions.

But I would love it if at least a few users could gather to watch the TISC 2013 Replay and post along as the votes are revealed. It could be fun.

There's no need for it to be the usual full day long TISC Grand Final. It will of course be a sped up version but with sessions, mirroring the actual voting order that day.

Any thoughts on this if I were to hold it this Saturday?

The real question behind the South Korean performance is why were the poor backing vocalists dressed in black forced to stay on stage and merrily dance along to the track of the dude that brought his own backing vocalists?

I feel like this is a total hostage situation