website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'd dare say he's not even known in Lithuania :rolleyes:

He does show up as a YouTube curated Topic though :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

You are right, but I wasn't surprised that someone selected them as their song and the band themeselves was controversial in ESC.

My knowledge about Icelandic (non-eurovision) music is limited only to Bjork :whistle:

Well, United States rules the music world, followed by the UK and I guess Australia.

Countries like France, italy and Germany are in their own bubble, but that's mostly since they push music in their own language rather than English and that's the reason why they don't hit the global charts.

Spanish music is really breaking into the charts along with South Korean music, but after that I would definitely go towards Scandinavia (primarily Sweden and Iceland, followed by Norway and Denmark), if I were to pick who's setting the pop trends across Europe.

If you ever have free time, there's definitely a lot of Icelandic music that's worth a listen.

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Not exactly sure what that does for me, but yay, I guess? :d

Generally it means artists with a good following. Youtube creates those lists because people are interested in the topic.

It could also just be a fan account since  it only includes your latest song, but if someone went to the trouble to create a fan account, that’s probably a good thing too :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, rybak said:

You are right, but I wasn't surprised that someone selected them as their song and the band themeselves was controversial in ESC.

My knowledge about Icelandic (non-eurovision) music is limited only to Bjork :whistle:

i honestly really like Ásgeir  who is also an Icelandic singer and far less controversial

Another option I am considering is to have all the final group matches played on the same day, Thursday 30th July (instead of splitting them into 2 days). We could have the final matches from the same group play at the same time, the way they do at football tournaments. I think it will make the final day of matches in the group stage more exciting.

Also, the big advantage of doing that, it means it opens up an extra day between repechages and Round of 16 to allow for voting as it might be very rushed to have repechages and then straight into Round of 16 the next day. Again I'm just thinking of the logistics of gathering the votes and giving myself the breathing room to prepare.

For now, the schedule has the final group matches split into 2 days of action but this might change so I will keep you up-to-date on that.

I propose using Beach Volleyball Olympic tournament formula to decide who progresses of those ranked 3rd.

Six 3rd-ranked nations are ranked by their points and vote difference. Top 2 then advance directly, while the remaining 4 progress to repechage playoffs.

This will make individual votes during group stage even more important, which I believe is something everyone concerned would appreciate.

#banbestmen