website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

Thank you everyone for their attention and support all trough this week.

Fellows, we made this Special edition quite an enjoyable one.

My most sincere acknowledgement to each of you, but especially fellow organizars @OlympicIRL @dcro @Vektor @Wumo and of course, the people who kindl came to my aid on short notice: my reserve juries @hckosice @Cobi @dezbee2008 @intoronto @Olympian1010 @Sindo @Vic Liu & @Vojthas.

For me, the top 5 in no particular order were this: :ALB:BLR:CRC:RSA & :SRI

Just now, dcro said:

His song was a wonderful discovery for me. :cheer:

Really surprised! I used this contest as an opportunity to share about Kizomba which is a music style (and dance) thats tipical of Angola and always very popular in my hometown, where many ex-immigrants from Cabo Verde and Angola live.

Kizomba was not much known except in the area i grew up, but thanks to Anselmo Ralph and to that particular song kizomba became super popular in the whole country and now there's many angola singers, but also portuguese, that sing kizomba that is listened in Portugal

Well my favorites didn't won but I also liked a lot Costa Rica's song so I have to say it's a well deserved win!

My favorite was  :CPV, but most of the songs were ok. I just didn't like at all the ones from :ZAM and :SRI.

P.S - I had already shared the very same song from Anselmo Ralph :ANG in a Festival of Music from a previous TISC :d

My personal top songs (no order in particular): :BLR:BIZ:MKD:HKG:CIV:MLI:KOR 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Paper Planes is one of my warm-up songs, so it pained me when I had to vote against it @intoronto

Also, y’all better believe I’m firing finger guns everywhere while listening to it :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Sorry I'm late everyone! Wow, where to start....

@mrv86 I cannot thank you enough for all you have done to save this contest. This required a huge effort and commitment to organise these knock-out stages and you did it brilliantly and at short notice. Amazing job, I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't stepped forward  :bowdown:

And thanks to all the other elves who stepped forward and helped out too @Wumo @Vektor and @dcro. Thanks a lot all 3 of you for your help to organise it :hug:

I really did not think my entry would still be alive so late into the contest and really thought Gibraltar had this final, so thank you all who placed a vote for Costa Rica at any stage of the contest and indeed the final! When I discovered this band, I was delighted to be able to share them here and represent :CRC who are sadly absent in this forum.

I would love if we could find a Costa Rican user to bring them to TISC for real. Not sure how serious @dcro was about us looking for a user but it's a nice idea even if it might not be possible.

I could not vote in this contest but my favourites were  :RSA:GIB:BLR and :MKD. Thanks to all who participated and let me find some new music and artists that I never heard before!

I wasn't sure if anyone would guess Costa Rica was my entry but glad it made some surprises when it was revealed.

@EupenM @Vojthas great to see you here in TISC for the first time and would love you to join us for the TISC Open 2020 in the next months. It's always good to have fresh ears and new users to add to our already varied bunch of music lovers.

@Sindo thanks so much for your good sport in participating in this special edition. You are more than welcome to join us in the standard TISC editions anytime, it's been a pleasure to have you take part for the first time. And an honourable mention for @Quasit who made a pleasant return to TISC after his many years of service as a neutral observer behind the scenes.

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to the next contest in the Netherlands. No pressure @heywoodu :d