website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

Fun fact: I almost broke the rules with South Africa. My first choice was Malaika from Miriam Makeba, but then I realized that the rules don't allow it as the song doesn't originate from South Africa, so I went with her most well known song instead. 

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone who voted for South Africa, I am pleasantly surprised about how far it went considering how old the song is. My favorite songs were :CPV :BAR :MLI :BDI 

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

My favorites were :BDI:CRC:ANG (in no particular order).

Followed by :GUI:MLI:BLR, most of all...

South Korea grew on my quite a bit, funnily enough. :d

In the next 30 years you'll probably be one of those grandmas doing the hand dance during the chorus

Anyway, my second option was :SUD Alsarah and the Nubatones (I think they would be more appealing) and the third one :CAM Ros Sereysothea - but that one would probably get even worse results than Zambia :( Did not included in my official list, but I considered :PER Yma Sumac and :ARM Tigran Hamasyan - aybe @Werloc would like that choice of mine. 

Finally, about my pick... Funnily enough, I first heard The Free Electric Band right here when @Dragon of all people entered it for Festival of Music once. :d

I stumbled onto it several more times and thought it would be a nice pick - first I had to discretely make sure that non-IOC members would be allowed to enter. :whistle:

I also considered It Never Rains in Southern California and Down by the River...

#banbestmen