website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

24 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

When do you want us to reveal the users behind each song? It will be after the voting closes but at what point would you rather we did it? 

Soon after the finals. I’d love if we could come up for a creative way to let people guess and then reveal each user.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

If that Ivoirian song would have reached the final, I might have considered to end myself

Thank you Gibraltar for putting an end to that one

The vocals were so tuned, it would be a shame to call Dua over-produced compared to that one...

I really like your "apocalyptics" post.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

It would be fun. But any ideas on the best way to do it?

Slight spoilers, but there is a idea to reveal judges' real names together with their votes during the gold medal match. This will add a layer of suspense as we will be able to find out which users failed to make the final.

Theoretically we can also reveal their nations at the same time, but I fear that would take too much spotlight away from the actual match.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Slight spoilers, but there is a idea to reveal judges' real names together with their votes during the gold medal match. This will add a layer of suspense as we will be able to find out which users failed to make the final.

Theoretically we can also reveal their nations at the same time, but I fear that would take too much spotlight away from the actual match.

This is actually an idea that I thought about, so I'm glad that you saved me some typing time with your brain powers :p

5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It would be fun. But any ideas on the best way to do it?

I’m not sure, I was hoping some others users might give input here.

Users could be revealed one at a time, with a enough time in between to let people guess. Maybe start with 30th place song user, then 29th, until you get to the winner?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

I like this idea.

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Maybe we could combine our ideas? Names on votes, and then reveal users song choices one by one after the contest in reverse finishing order. The only “issue” would be that their wouldn’t be much surprise as to who the winner(s) are then.

All suggestions sound good to me. Over to @mrv86 then to decide whichever he prefers :) 

Leaving a little gap (not too long) between judging reveals then might be good. Gives us time to process the match score and to see the identity of the judge and a little time for speculation or guessing if anyone wants to. And back to the match focus again. But whatever suits for the organiser is absolutely the main thing.