website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

Just checked through the songs. Almost half seem to be unavailable for me on Youtube. Is it the same for you, @Wumo?

I believe I've found all on spotify (I'm not sure that I've found the right version of South Korea) meaning that I will be able to vote when the contest gets up to speed again, but man it's frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

Just checked through the songs. Almost half seem to be unavailable for me on Youtube. Is it the same for you, @Wumo?

I believe I've found all on spotify (I'm not sure that I've found the right version of South Korea) meaning that I will be able to vote when the contest gets up to speed again, but man it's frustrating.

I face the same issue. I have also found the songs on Spotify. But I agree with you, it's so frustrating.

6 hours ago, Wumo said:

I face the same issue. I have also found the songs on Spotify. But I agree with you, it's so frustrating.

I have access to most of the songs I can download them and send them as a music/sound file if you want that

On 05/08/2020 at 15:42, rybak said:

So, when contest will resume? @mrv86

No actually we will resume next Tuesday.

Sorry, and an apology to each of you. 

Had another fight with the internet company, as my connection is unstable since Sunday, with my main efforts being completing my duties while I'm still on home office duty and until me and my coworkers can safely return to our physical location, following sanitization after a collaborator was infeceted with COVID. Today is the first day in which, I have been able to stay online for more than two hours straight.

As for the schedule, it will be moved to next week. Expect your voting assignments, with Repechage and First Challenge Matches being rescheduled for next Tuesday

I'm going to explain the steps I took to try to simplify the voting process;

First, I decided I'll not have enough time to vote in order to properly arrange everything & count the votes. So that gives us 28 juries available.

I'll assign the Repechage matches together with the Challenge Tournament initial 2 rounds , to have a total 12 matches, same amount of matches that the Main Tournament will have in the first two rounds (Round of 16 & Quarter Finals)

Every of the above matches will feature 7 juries, like a dressage competition. I'll keep the format used by @OlympicIRL during the Group Stage to reveal the results of each match.

So, if I remember what I learned at second grade, 7 juries x 24 matches, gives 168 jury positions, which divided among 28, will result in each jury having 6 matches, voting in 3 Main Tournament plus 3 Repechage & Challenge duels. 

Match allocation was done according to the following principles:

• 14 juries will vote in the Repechage phase, as follows:
  1. Users of nations that will play the winner of the play--off in either Round of 16 or Challenge Tournament First Round cannot vote.
  2. The users from the same group of any nation in the match cannot vote in that match.
  • Voters participating in the repechage encounters will vote in only one match in the Challenge Tournament First Round. The rest will vote in two matches;, then for the Challenge Tournament's Second Round, every jury will be alloted one match.
  • Regarding the Main Tournament, each jury will vote in two matches in Round of 16 and a further match in the Quarter Finals.
  • For all of the above are conducted observing the principle stated in number 1 above, meaning no jury will participate in an encounter involving a team they should face in the immediate nect round.
  • Then, for the Semi-Finals, of both competitions, we will have 2 matches, with 13 judges each. Users from nations involved in this rounds will not be counted, and we will avoid to assign juries from nations having lost against them in the immediately previous round, as it is possible.
  • Finally for the Medal Matches every judge will officiate in each match, except those directly involved in said match.