website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

2 hours ago, Agger said:

Aren't Sigur Ros and Of Monsters and Men more famous than Hatari?

KALEO and Björk would also be above Hatari I’d imagine.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Yeah, Mendes broke the popularity curse, so I guess skeletons will be flying out of closet come Amsterdam. :water:

Yeah, I'm gonna throw out some world class Lithuanian artists that would put boys like Shawn to shame.

Oh wait, we don't have artists popular outside of Lithuania :happyjump:

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

I don't really know KALEO, but yeah. Added Björk in the next comment :p

KALEO was big on the alternative/moody scene midway through the last decade. I remember hearing a couple of their songs in films and commercials.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Agger said:

I had never heard of Hatari before their Eurovision participation :p

Meanwhile especially Sigur Ros has a major fan base in most of the world and Of Monsters and Men had 2 great selling albums in the early and mid 10s.

And of course I forgot Björk ;)

It may be easier for Icelandic artists to break through in Denmark, but they do in fact have a pretty strong music scene.

I'm glad Iceland didn't choose Of Monsters and Men, because I would be biased as fuck. 

I bought a ticket to their concert before they even went up for sale with a purchase code that you had to contact the organisers to get :d

Sadly, it got postponed from July 15th to 2021 July, so my watch starts anew. 

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yeah, I'm gonna throw out some world class Lithuanian artists that would put boys like Shawn to shame.

Oh wait, we don't have artists popular outside of Lithuania :happyjump:

There’s this guy called Gebrasy...

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

I'm glad Iceland didn't choose Of Monsters and Men, because I would be biased as fuck. 

Same.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

KALEO was big on the alternative/moody scene midway through the last decade. I remember hearing a couple of their songs in films and commercials.

They struck big with this one:

But after that plummeted down in the music scene.

3 minuty temu, Werloc napisał:

Hey, Iceland had a few more obvious choices than Hatari, if we're being honest.

You are right, but I wasn't surprised that someone selected them as their song and the band themeselves was controversial in ESC.

My knowledge about Icelandic (non-eurovision) music is limited only to Bjork :whistle: