website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

Alright, I think I’ve wasted everyone’s time sufficiently now, so I’ll go ahead and reveal the slogan.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

One of the most controversial elements of every Olympic Games on Totallympics seems to be the slogan. The slogans often receive a lot of hate for being “simple”, “meaningless”, and “cliche.” When @OlympicIRL asked me to create a slogan for this event, I wanted to create something different. I wanted a slogan that was uniquely Japanese, that also conveyed the meaning of the TISC. So once again, without further ado, users of Totallympics, I am pleased to present the slogan of the Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event.

559B153A-9F78-4A12-977C-A353FC457FA9.png

Explaining the Slogan:

The slogan is written in the style of a traditional Japanese haiku. It follows the style of Japanese poet Matsuo Basho, who used haiku to describe what is happening in the moment. The slogan aims to capture that same feeling in reference to music. The slogan also includes a reference to the TISC in the form of the name of the informal anthem of TISC (Emotions - Mariah Carey). The slogan also features a nod to the logo, using notes as a description of sound.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I seem to remember @heywoodu being the most displeased with Olympic slogans, so hopefully I have crafted something more his style :d

And that concludes today’s festivities to my knowledge :d

It was nice sharing this morning (for me) with y’all once more.

This might be the best graphic design I’ve ever done the by the way. I hope you guys enjoyed seeing it today. 
06840A26-80D1-4F96-B005-663BC992994F.png

1 hour ago, dcro said:

You can always scold @heywoodu for not choosing his home nation. :dunno:

It was my second choice, sorry Yugoslavia.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!