website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

2 hours ago, dcro said:

How will we determine the repechage following the group stage (6 nations for 4 slots)? Top 2 based on points/vote differece advance directly, the rest enter head-to-head elimination matches?

I’m not settled on it yet. We could also have 2 sets of three-way matches with judges asked to choose the 2 best from each match. The results from the group stage could be used to seed the matches:

Three-way Match 1: (Seeds 1, 3, 6)

Thee-way Match 2: (Seeds 2, 4, 5)

Something like that maybe.

Also, assuming there will be 29 (?) jurors covering 60 group matches, we get this...

10 jurors per match = 20/21 matches per juror

8 jurors per match = 16/17 matches per juror

6 jurors per match = 12/13 matches per juror

Groups of 5 indeed create a lot of matches, so we should consider having 6 jurors per match or maybe 8.

#banbestmen

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

Also, assuming there will be 29 (?) jurors covering 60 group matches, we get this...

10 jurors per match = 20/21 matches per juror

8 jurors per match = 16/17 matches per juror

6 jurors per match = 12/13 matches per juror

Groups of 5 indeed create a lot of matches, so we should consider having 6 jurors per match or maybe 8.

I'd rather have 8 than 6. The results are going to be surprising as it is, with different people judging different songs, so 8 opinions for me would be a bit more solid than 6.

What about having 6 groups of 4 + 2 groups of 3...? :mumble:

It would make life easier in two respects. First, there would be no need for any repechage - Top 2 from each group would advance. Second, total number of group matches would only be 42, as opposed to 60. This would allow each match to have 10 jurors, while jurors themselves will be asked to give their preference in 14-15 matches.

Groups of 3 might not be ideal though.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

It would make life easier in two respects. First, there would be no need for any repechage - Top 2 from each group would advance. Second, total number of group matches would only be 42, as opposed to 60. This would allow each match to have 10 jurors, while jurors themselves will be asked to give their preference in 14-15 matchs.

Yeah, groups of 3 would leave some songs less listened to, especially those unlucky songs that would drop out in the group stage with some jurors not even playing it, since they don't have to. 

I'd rather gamble on the groups of 5

49 minutes ago, dcro said:

It would make life easier in two respects. First, there would be no need for any repechage - Top 2 from each group would advance. Second, total number of group matches would only be 42, as opposed to 60. This would allow each match to have 10 jurors, while jurors themselves will be asked to give their preference in 14-15 matches.

Yeah groups of 3 is probably too little. Probably the fairest way is to have groups of 5. I will figure out then what is more practical, having matches with 6 or 8 judges.

Totallympics International Song Contest

Special Event

B559685E-9336-421C-8342-9D760D4632C9.png

The draw for TISC Special begins at 15:00 (GMT +1).

The order of events is as follows:

1. Reveal list of participating users

2. Reveal list of participating nations

3. Reveal of Logo

4. Draw for Group Stages

5. Reveal of Slogan

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yeah groups of 3 is probably too little. Probably the fairest way is to have groups of 5. I will figure out then what is more practical, having matches with 6 or 8 judges.

What about this?

6 groups of 5 teams

10 matches per group=60 matches in total

7 jurors per match=420 juror interventions

420/30=14 matches per juror