website statistics

Ireland National Thread

OlympicIRL

Just a couple of quick updates made on the quota tracker:

Phil Healy (400m) and Sarah Healy (1500m) move into provisional ranking quotas in athletics, while Andrew Coscoran (1500m) and Sarah Lavin (100m Hurdles) drop out of the quota positions.

1 minute ago, dodge said:

Big day in Judo tomorrow. Hopefully Megan Fletcher gets a win. Her second fight is scheduled to be against the number 2 seed

Any word on AOK in pentathlon? Is he competing in World Champs?

7 minutes ago, Oldira said:

Any word on AOK in pentathlon? Is he competing in World Champs?

I don’t think so (based solely on a pic that Natalya put up on insta)

Sive Brassil is there though 

7 hours ago, dodge said:

I don’t think so (based solely on a pic that Natalya put up on insta)

Sive Brassil is there though 

That’s what I thought too on the same evidence. Me may be ok provided a few lads ranked in the 40s don’t finish in the top 20. Although he won’t go to Tokyo just to be there.

4 minutes ago, dodge said:

Two wins has Megan Fletcher into the quarter finals of the world championship and she's guaranteed to be in a qualifying spot now.

Mark one down for Judo!

That will be  three sports that we had no competitors in 2016. Judo, Canoeing and Taekwondo. Probably shooting too.

46 minutes ago, dodge said:

Two wins has Megan Fletcher into the quarter finals of the world championship and she's guaranteed to be in a qualifying spot now.

Mark one down for Judo!

Wow that’s fantastic news! Did she beat the number 2 seed then or did she meet someone else?

She beat a former world silver medalist (ex Brazil, now Portugal) but not the 2 seed. Not sure where I got that from!

Has since lost in the QF to Dutch girl (who world number 5) and beaten another world top 10 (Brazil) to leave her with a fight for a medal now