website statistics

Olympedia

Dragon

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I also see something like million mistakes for Iranian names :p

We better see you post a million corrections then :evil:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

We better see you post a million corrections then :evil:

only when I'm asked to. :d I'm not doing that just for the sake of it.

actually I did that once for "sports-reference" few years ago but I think they fixed only half of them.

10 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I also have a little correction, I wasn't sure where to send it.

The country page for the Netherlands (where else would I look!) states in the description that Inge de Bruijn is the most decorated athlete, but both Sven Kramer and Ireen Wust have surpassed her. The medal table lower on the page has the correct numbers.

It should be at the feedback menu, but as of now it is still showing '504 Gateway Timeout' whenever you send something

25 minutes ago, hckosice said:

@Dragon the project got an highly excited, enthusiastic and thankful article in our NOC website https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/skupina-olympijskych-nadsencov-olymadmen-spristupnila-verejnosti-na-wwwolympediaorg

image.png

USOPC had a really nice article about Bill and the team as well @Dragon. I didn’t really get the opportunity to read it I’m afraid.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, hckosice said:

@Dragon the project got an highly excited, enthusiastic and thankful article in our NOC website https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/skupina-olympijskych-nadsencov-olymadmen-spristupnila-verejnosti-na-wwwolympediaorg

image.png

I am puzzled at "Olympijských fanatikov (v pozitívnom slova zmysle)" part. Are there bad Olympic fanatics? :p

@Dragon I’m curious about something. Since you guys went public with Olympedia, have you received any new credible information about athletes, events, venues, or some new interesting facts? I’ve already noticed quite a few people on the forum and on Twitter helping correct names to the local customs, but I was just curious as to if there were any net benefits for going public.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Dragon I’m curious about something. Since you guys went public with Olympedia, have you received any new credible information about athletes, events, venues, or some new interesting facts? I’ve already noticed quite a few people on the forum and on Twitter helping correct names to the local customs, but I was just curious as to if there were any net benefits for going public.

I've not been able to send it via the feedback menu (504 Timeout for 3 days now - probably @Dragon can relay this :p) but basically after "advertising" it in that Facebook group I've mentioned before, two people asked me to correct information of their Olympian parents. One of them is super shocking since the data that has been stored for years is a total mistake (basically they have the same name). Even some recent news used that data and created a confusion.

I had a small chat with J. Gosal's son (Olympian, 1956-1960) who is cleverly named Mel Romeo Gosal based the host cities his father had been to.

He revealed to me a big info, only 1 Olympian from 1956 team and (probably) 1 from 1960 team are still alive. J. Gosal himself just passed away last month...