website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

alpine skiing scheduling must take into consideration the fact that they only have 1 track for speed events, so they had to spread them throughout both weeks (men's and women's courses clearly need different settings, they can't be used at the same time)...:evil:;)

snowboarding and figure skating events have been set in the Korean morning because of the US Network NBC...

as usual, they want the 2 most watched sports in the USA in their prime time...

and if they order, the local organizers just execute...like good soldiers...:facepalm::wall:

by the way, I don't like this schedule...on each day there are just 2 strong blocks of events all at the same time and many empty hours...

so, it's gonna be impossible to follow everything live...we'll necessarily have to rely on VOD services, hoping that our broadcasters (atm in Italy Discovery group have all the rights...and nothing indicates that they're going to share the FTA part with any other network) would give us some decent ones...

p.s. @hckosice

I'm just watching another Slovan Bratislava crazy exhibition in the KHL...they never play ordinary/boring games...:d

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

I'm just watching another Slovan Bratislava crazy exhibition in the KHL...they never play ordinary/boring games...:d

No they definitely will never :lol:

but again wasted this power play in over time...so typically slovak :wall:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

and they wasted the PS, too...:facepalm:

hope the next outing it's gonna get more 'satisfaction' to the fans...;)

btw I don´t know in which stream/TV did you watched this and if you noticed that, but today the speaker was awesome, I couldn´t stop laughing, he caled almost each announcement the host as Metalurg Magnitogorsk :lol: even during theshoot outs he announced 2nd attempt for Magnitogorsk going player number ... :rofl: In fact Magnitogorsk played today as well, just the detail is that not in Bratislava but in Riga :lol:

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

btw I don´t know in which stream/TV did you watched this and if you noticed that, but today the speaker was awesome, I couldn´t stop laughing, he caled almost each announcement the host as Metalurg Magnitogorsk :lol: even during theshoot outs he announced 2nd attempt for Magnitogorsk going player number ... :rofl: In fact Magnitogorsk played today as well, just the detail is that not in Bratislava but in Riga :lol:

I watched it on Sport2 HD (satellite tv @ 23.5 East)...

fortunately for me, I don't understand Slovak that well (actually, I don't understand it at all, if not for the numbers, the players' names and a couple of other hockey related terms), but I clearly heard the name Magnitogorsk more than once...:facepalm:

Just now, hckosice said:

:d

yes Sport 2 is the KHL TV rights owner in SVK, they broadcast all Slovan matches also a couple of others too :)

I know...right now i'm enjoying the whole kombi pack from Skylink, so I have regular view of sport1 & 2, nova sport 1 & 2, arena sport 1 (if only they had a better picture quality...it's my only reliable source for the SHL - apart for those couple of games you can find on youtube once every while), Golf Channel (man, how I'd love to see it in HD) and all Slovak and Czech public channels (included CT Sport HD, another great channel)...

frankly, I think this is a lot better tv package than many of the most famous ones, skysport Italia included (which is basically only about football, basketball and motorsports, with all the other sports in their lineup getting really a bad coverage)...

and it's not so expensive (at least for the Italian standard)...:d

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I know...right now i'm enjoying the whole kombi pack from Skylink, so I have regular view of sport1 & 2, nova sport 1 & 2, arena sport 1 (if only they had a better picture quality...it's my only reliable source for the SHL - apart for those couple of games you can find on youtube once every while), Golf Channel (man, how I'd love to see it in HD) and all Slovak and Czech public channels (included CT Sport HD, another great channel)...

frankly, I think this is a lot better tv package than many of the most famous ones, skysport Italia included (which is basically only about football, basketball and motorsports, with all the other sports in their lineup getting really a bad coverage)...

and it's not so expensive (at least for the Italian standard)...:d

the czech national public sport channel ČT sport is a briliant channel. absolutely briliant. :)

well so that you are lucky then, you have a nice amount of hockey available, Nova sport with NHL, Sport TV with KHL, and national TV ČT and STV for international Czech and Slovak matches :)

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

the czech national public sport channel ČT sport is a briliant channel. absolutely briliant. :)

well so that you are lucky then, you have a nice amount of hockey available, Nova sport with NHL, Sport TV with KHL, and national TV ČT and STV for international Czech and Slovak matches :)

sure...

I also have NHL.tv, by the way (and my faithful motorized dish, which allows me to find always new hockey matches on the Swiss & German networks or some feeds from the KHL and other leagues, too)...

basically, we can say that I'm hockey addicted...:d:rofl::facepalm:

my only regret is that I don't know any of those Eastern European languages (and now it's too late to start studying them)...:dunno:

I'd really like to understand a bit more what local commentators say...just to know those places and environments better...;)

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

sure...

I also have NHL.tv, by the way (and my faithful motorized dish, which allows me to find always new hockey matches on the Swiss & German networks or some feeds from the KHL and other leagues, too)...

basically, we can say that I'm hockey addicted...:d:rofl::facepalm:

oh man, thats a beautiful disease. I have it as well, and hope they will never find a cure for it :d