website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

Apparently our Ice hockey federation in partnership with our NOC succeeded with their try to provide viewable broadcast times for our fans. It looks that our team will play the preliminary round games with Russia, USA and Slovenia at 13:15 of our time during week and at 08:40 the weekend.

also we will have new designed jerseys for the olympics, but the federation will unveil them only later during the olympic uniforms presentation.

29 minutes ago, hckosice said:

If anyone thought that there still a slim chance...here the definitive answer http://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la-sp-nhl-olympics-20170529-story.html

:mad:

The only positive thing in that is that maybe the Worlds in Denmark will have stronger teams than usually in Olympic years...

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

If anyone thought that there still a slim chance...here the definitive answer http://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la-sp-nhl-olympics-20170529-story.html

Well, time to get ice hockey out of the Olympics for a cycle until they can get things back in order.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, time to get ice hockey out of the Olympics for a cycle until they can get things back in order.. 

Bite your tongue :spank:...

nah who cares about Bettman and his arrogance...

Untill Nagano 1998 all Olympics has been played without NHLers and many tournaments are always considered as fantastic and memorable...just look the Lillehammer Games 1994. This was by far the best ever hockey tournament. and any NHL player was playing there...

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Bite your tongue :spank:...

nah who cares about Bettman and his arrogance...

Untill Nagano 1998 all Olympics has been played without NHLers and many tournaments are always considered as fantastic and memorable...just look the Lillehammer Games 1994. This was by far the best ever hockey tournament. and any NHL player was playing there...

Nobody cares about Bettman and his arrogance, but Olympic sports should have the best players. The Olympic junior football tournament may be fun, it's not a real Olympic tournament because it's junior football. If they go back to only amateurs being allowed in the cycling, it might be a lot more fun than the professional races, but it's not a real Olympic race because the best aren't there. 

Same thing here, might be a fun tournament, it doesn't deserve the name 'Olympic' and whoever wins this joke of a tournament should of course be happy, but also should 'just' be happy that they won a fun little tournament, nothing more and nothing less than that. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nobody cares about Bettman and his arrogance, but Olympic sports should have the best players. The Olympic junior football tournament may be fun, it's not a real Olympic tournament because it's junior football. If they go back to only amateurs being allowed in the cycling, it might be a lot more fun than the professional races, but it's not a real Olympic race because the best aren't there. 

Same thing here, might be a fun tournament, it doesn't deserve the name 'Olympic' and whoever wins this joke of a tournament should of course be happy, but also should 'just' be happy that they won a fun little tournament, nothing more and nothing less than that. 

well, at first, you can not compare the olympic football and ice hockey, because even without NHLers its far from to be a junior tournament or so...even with only european clubs players It still has all disposition to be a great competition

Many teams will still easily send extremely competitive teams, for example Russia who will for sure win gold because if they entera  team composed of CSKA Moscow and SKA St. Petersburg players would be too much even for any only NHL based players, and it could be said also for all other nations represented in the tournament. ofc I agree that the NHL players are the best and with them the value of the competition would be much more bigger, I agree that watching them playing in a best of best tournament is something each hockey fan (and trust me that me too) eagerly wait every 4 years..but this time we have to do differently. and enjoy the best sport even without the best players. Ice Hockey deserve to be a olympic sport even without their best athletes.

Also keep in mind that the NHL players WANT to play, 90% of them declared their desires to represent their home country under the five rings, their National federations and fans WANT them too. it´s all only and only about 1 person who repeatedly present his inifinite arrogance, and this time he raised his arrogance to an even higher level. unfortunately for all it´s the commisionaire (Chief) of the NHL

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

well, at first, you can not compare the olympic football and ice hockey, because even without NHLers its far from to be a junior tournament or so...even with only european clubs players It still has all disposition to be a great competition

Many teams will still easily send extremely competitive teams, for example Russia who will for sure win gold because if they entera  team composed of CSKA Moscow and SKA St. Petersburg players would be too much even for any only NHL based players, and it could be said also for all other nations represented in the tournament. ofc I agree that the NHL players are the best and with them the value of the competition would be much more bigger, I agree that watching them playing in a best of best tournament is something each hockey fan (and trust me that me too) eagerly wait every 4 years..but this time we have to do differently. and enjoy the best sport even without the best players. Ice Hockey deserve to be a olympic sport even without their best athletes.

Also keep in mind that the NHL players WANT to play, 90% of them declared their desires to represent their home country under the five rings, their National federations and fans WANT them too. it´s all only and only about 1 person who repeatedly present his inifinite arrogance, and this time he raised his arrogance to an even higher level. unfortunately for all it´s the commisionaire (Chief) of the NHL

I know, and I have nothing against the NHL players of course, I have no doubt most of them want nothing more than play for gold at the Olympics (apart from winning the Stanly Cup :p )

How will the KHL do all this? Will they pause their league during the Olympics? I'm curious, because a while ago I read that if the NHL doesn't pause, KHL wouldn't do that neither..