website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

2 hours ago, Mateusz said:

they made specific pictograms for events in freestyle skiing and snowboarding

Yes, and that's weird. They might as well have a pictogram for 2man and 4man bobs as well then, for example. And for single luge and double luge. Etc. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, hckosice said:

In this case I select the Aerials one for freestyle skiing, the big air one for snowboarding and the speed disciplines for alpine skiing...and also I remove the hockey one, because it looks a bit weird with the stick between legs :old:

:lol::lol::lol:

On 1/16/2017 at 22:55, uk12points said:

img22.jpg

It's sort of disappointing that the Korean writing is just the English names in Hanguel.  "Ru-jee" = Luge.  "Ah-ee-ssuh H-ah-ki" = Ice Hockey.  And so on.  I would have liked them to have the Korean names, if only so I could actually learn the Korean names.  On the other hand, if anyone here is planning to go next year you can learn Hanguel (the written language, speaking is a bit more difficult hence me wanting to learn the words) on the plane over, it's super simple.  Then you can get around easily.  Can't wait!  

Edited by orangeman
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Torchbearer said:

These are the first pictograms I find a bit confusing- there seems to be about 8 skiers doing the same thing!!!

They make different pictograms for all disciplines of the freestyle skiing and for snowboard.

I don't agree at all whit this choice but at last it's the frist stage to split the various disciplines that aren't similar each other, like the mogouls and the ski cross.

12 hours ago, hckosice said:

Another chapter http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=11401&cHash=356eac7ac94e6d3e385cd2b66b96c0b2

if reading between the lines in the last 2 questions and answers we can probably know the final result

well, it's clear that the IIHF has done all they could do...

basically Fasel said to the NHL & NHLPA representatives: "OK, we've gone as far as we can go; our door is always open (until the last second)...now it's only up to you and your own internal questions...let us know what you want to do as soon as possible and we're going to set up things for the Games"...

I guess the window is closing quicker and quicker, but I still hope there's a little margin for those idiots on the other side of the Ocean to make up their minds and still be part of the Olympics...:fingers:

by the way, if I were the IIHF I'd still go down hard on the other part of the Hockey World in case they give up on the Games (I mean...something like "every player that put a single skate on North American Ice is no longer elegible for any other IIHF tournament - even in the amateur ranks - for the rest of his career")...they can't let this thing go as if nothing serious happened...:facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, phelps said:

well, it's clear that the IIHF has done all they could do...

basically Fasel said to the NHL & NHLPA representatives: "OK, we've gone as far as we can go; our door is always open (until the last second)...now it's only up to you and your own internal questions...let us know what you want to do as soon as possible and we're going to set up things for the Games"...

I guess the window is closing quicker and quicker, but I still hope there's a little margin for those idiots on the other side of the Ocean to make up their minds and still be part of the Olympics...:fingers:

by the way, if I were the IIHF I'd still go down hard on the other part of the Hockey World in case they give up on the Games (I mean...something like "every player that put a single skate on North American Ice is no longer elegible for any other IIHF tournament - even in the amateur ranks - for the rest of his career")...they can't let this thing go as if nothing serious happened...:facepalm::wall:

I´m pretty sure nothing will happen, we all know the problem. untill IOC will not cover the inssurances of the players (and they clearly said that already immediately after Sochi that they did it 5 times since Nagano and it´s enough, they will never do it again) NHL will not allow their players to go. and IIHF alone just have not the money to pay it, so there clearly no issue...we are quickly going to a non-NHL tournament.