website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I know, and I have nothing against the NHL players of course, I have no doubt most of them want nothing more than play for gold at the Olympics (apart from winning the Stanly Cup :p )

How will the KHL do all this? Will they pause their league during the Olympics? I'm curious, because a while ago I read that if the NHL doesn't pause, KHL wouldn't do that neither.. 

KHL will have a 2 weeks break during the olympics. So all players will be available to play in PyeongChang. Now it´s certain that KHL will benefit a lot from this tournament.

Just now, hckosice said:

KHL will have a 2 weeks break during the olympics. So all players will be available to play in PyeongChang. Now it´s certain that KHL will benefit a lot from this tournament.

I hope the Ruski's will kick some 'Murican ass in Pyeongchang then as a sort of wake-up call :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I hope the Ruski's will kick some 'Murican ass in Pyeongchang then as a sort of wake-up call :d 

Will be a real surprise if Russia will not win this ;) In a non-NHL tournament actually Russia might be very likely unbeatable. Just look the Euro Hockey Tour last season, Russian KHL composed team was the official winner already during the 3rd tournament without any surprise.

The thing which will interest me the most will be South Korea, now without NHL they have a kinda serious possibility to do something on home ice (well on "home ice" not all players of the team can say that :p)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Still not detailed, but you can see the different starting times and slowly prepare your own schedule :dhttps://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/PriceInfo

but I´m still shocked by the Figure Skating starting times

Not like biathlon or nordic combined times are more normal.:dunno:

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Still not detailed, but you can see the different starting times and slowly prepare your own schedule :dhttps://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/PriceInfo

but I´m still shocked by the Figure Skating starting times

Pyeongchang, Tokyo, Benjing.. this Olympic cycle will be terrible for the european :( 

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Pyeongchang, Tokyo, Benjing.. this Olympic cycle will be terrible for the european :( 

Why? It's perfect when it's at night:

- No other sports outside the Olympics asking for attention

- No non-sportsaddicted people asking for attention

- Only the hardcore fans will be online all night

Etc :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, unfortunately. And at times I found keeping up with Rio hard (even though there's only 5 hours difference) :d

Maybe I should just conserve my energy for Tokyo... :p

#banbestmen

Decent times for cross-country, I'll be back in the hotel early enough to have a decent sleep :evil:

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, unfortunately. And at times I found keeping up with Rio hard (even though there's only 5 hours difference) :d

Maybe I should just conserve my energy for Tokyo... :p

Yeah, because you'll need 2,5 years to recover from two weeks of upside down sleeping times :p