website statistics

Sport Events restarting after the Coronavirus Outbreak

Thought this was a necessary thread now.  :cheer:

Let’s gather news of all Sports events, competitions, leagues etc confirmed to be restarting after the Lockdown.  (That is, regular sporting events, not special made-for-The-Plague events like the Garage Dart League etc).

Australia - :AUS

National Rugby League  (NRL) - restarts 28 May with Round Three

Australian Rules Football League (AFL) - restarts 11 June with Round Two 

USA - :USA

Golf - PGA Tour - restarts 11 June

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Thought this was a necessary thread now.  :cheer:

Let’s gather news of all Sports events, competitions, leagues etc confirmed to be restarting after the Lockdown.

Australia - :AUS

National Rugby League  (NRL) - restarts 28 May with Round Three

Australian Rules Football League (AFL) - restarts 11 June with Round Two 

USA - :USA

Golf - PGA Tour - restarts 11 June

Have the NRL gotten over their drama yet? I saw that Queensland gave one of the players and exemption, but what about the other two?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

NASCAR is back this weekend, starting on Sunday :cheer: Four races in less than two weeks, awesome.

IndyCar is back on 6 June at the Texas Motor Speedway.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, our athletics have started forming a calendar, so the Lithuanian Championships as well as U20, U18 and Baltic Championships + Baltic U20/U18 are all scheduled to take place in July and August.

There's a cycling calendar as well from 1 August on, but of course that's not as definitive as UCI tries to make us believe. 

Cycling does however restart on Tuesday, with the HTV Cup in, yeah, Vietnam :d And it's not just something, it's an 18-stage race, basically a Grand Tour with mostly Vietnamese riders :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

To start:

Hungary's premier athletics meet, the Gyulai Istvan Memorial, is now scheduled for 20 August (instead of 6 July)

Football (not that I missed it so much, I mean the Hungarian version thereof :D :D) is returning with the Hungarian Cup semi-finals from 23 May and 1st league restart from 29/30 May

2 hours ago, dharang said:

Hungary's premier athletics meet, the Gyulai Istvan Memorial, is now scheduled for 20 August (instead of 6 July)

Is the coronation in the cementry cancelled or does Székesfehérvár offer two big events on Szent István?

45 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Is the coronation in the cementry cancelled or does Székesfehérvár offer two big events on Szent István?

Don't know about that event in particular, what is certain that outdoor events with more than 500 (?) people are banned until 15 August.

Probably the athletic event was rescheduled in the hope that it might have a limited number of fans at that time or it might have more international competitors in August than in July.

A tennis cup will be held next week in Budapest but only with Hungarian players (6 male 6 female) and no spectators.

I assume the GYI memorial organizers do want to avoid (if possible) it being a Hungarian-only event.

1 hour ago, dharang said:

Don't know about that event in particular, what is certain that outdoor events with more than 500 (?) people are banned until 15 August.

Probably the athletic event was rescheduled in the hope that it might have a limited number of fans at that time or it might have more international competitors in August than in July.

A tennis cup will be held next week in Budapest but only with Hungarian players (6 male 6 female) and no spectators.

I assume the GYI memorial organizers do want to avoid (if possible) it being a Hungarian-only event.

The original schedule was perfect for me - with the GYI just two days after the end of modern pentathlon EB also at Bregyó. Now the pentathlon is scheduled in a way it collides with junior worlds in Poland where I will be probably commentating (and surely reporting for Totallympics Media), so I'm afraid I will miss the Europeans and this Gyulai-verseny is my best option to go to Hungary this year, but just two days earlier there is an athletics meeting in my home town, Poznań and I think some athletes from there will go straight to Fehérvár (like Nowicki and Fiodorow did last year). And GYI is the Continental Tour while Poznań GP is just a rising event (first edition last year) as  the stadium is being renewed.