website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Board Games / Card Games / Trading Card Games

thiago_simoes

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

While it would be easy to find someone to play the most famous games, my favorite game is Hanafuda Koi Koi (a Japanese card game), and I'm sure it would be extremely hard to find people interested in playing it. I bought a specific game on Steam named Koi Koi Japan, so I can play it against the computer and hopefully find some online matches too.

I think I've seen the Korean version called 'matgo' where old people usually play it with a little gamble.

Yeah, I remember that Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards were very popular up until middle school.

I guess if we're talking about Canadian board games, Trivial Pursuit would probably be one of the most well known. It's basically a trivia game with different categories.

Personally, my favourite game is called Avalon. It's kind of a mix between Mafia and Werewolf.

Aside from that, I also enjoy playing Settlers of Catan, Risk and Monopoly. 

Also, not sure if this is what you were asking but if you're looking for online games, I really enjoy this game called skribbl.io. It's basically a game where someone draws and other people have to guess what you're drawing.

4 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Yeah, I remember that Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards were very popular up until middle school.

I guess if we're talking about Canadian board games, Trivial Pursuit would probably be one of the most well known. It's basically a trivia game with different categories.

Personally, my favourite game is called Avalon. It's kind of a mix between Mafia and Werewolf.

Aside from that, I also enjoy playing Settlers of Catan, Risk and Monopoly. 

Also, not sure if this is what you were asking but if you're looking for online games, I really enjoy this game called skribbl.io. It's basically a game where someone draws and other people have to guess what you're drawing.

You like the “long game” clearly :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yes, when I was little I was playing Pokemon all day, both TCG and video game (we are talking about 1998-2001, around that time). 

I think I still have a deck somewhere, even some of those promotional cards that were given by buying other stuff or going to events. 

I still keep 2 big boxes in my house: one for YGO and one for Pokemon.

Btw, I realized I also played the Japanese Arcade TCG where you involve animals to fight ranging from beetles (Mushiking), dinosaurs (Dinosaur King), and just a bunch of wild animals (Animal Kaiser)

Yu-Gi-Oh never really broke through here I think, at least not in my school :p Pokémon all the way, and I loved Digimon and Dragonball Z as well but we didn't really have cards or something for that (I think I have maybe 4-5 of DBZ but no idea how I got them).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!