website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Illya said:

Where I can find qualifying times for Beijing - 2022 in short track?

as there's a precise number of slots available (8 relays, 32 skaters in 500m and 1000m and 36 in the 1500m), in short track it's not about times, it's about qualifying by being part of a relay that makes it through and/or finishing high in the world cup standings (only in those events listed as olympic qualifiers, though)...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

as there's a precise number of slots available (8 relays, 32 skaters in 500m and 1000m and 36 in the 1500m), in short track it's not about times, it's about qualifying by being part of a relay that makes it through and/or finishing high in the world cup standings (only in those events listed as olympic qualifiers, though)...

And which competitions will be qualifying? Have a list?

1 hour ago, Illya said:

And which competitions will be qualifying? Have a list?

Should be the first four world cups of the 2021/2022 season I think. The qualification document is in the qualification thread.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Korean media reported 2018 Korean Olympic Champion Lim Hyo Jun neutralized as Chinese to compete 2022 WOG due to the concern that he may lose Korean qualification for sexual harassment scandal. 

The scandal is that he took off another male teammate’s pants during a training session and seen by female teammates. He was suspended by 1 year from 2019 June but still couldn’t find place for training in Korea until now. So he began training in China with China NT from last season. 

Lim is somehow seen as victim of internal political battle loser by Chinese fans including me. So I am still eager to see official channel to confirm this widely reported rumor. Personally I welcome Lim.