website statistics

Nordic Combined 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

George_D

Damn, barely 18 years old :cry: 

I wonder where this somewhat vague website found that info they wrote (why?) about those letters, it's not mentioned in Austrian media unless I'm missing something..that site they mention doesn't say it (or not anymore?).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Damn, barely 18 years old :cry: 

I wonder where this somewhat vague website found that info they wrote (why?) about those letters, it's not mentioned in Austrian media unless I'm missing something..that site they mention doesn't say it (or not anymore?).

no idea...and that's the only news in English I could find...

in the Italian and Austrian press there's no mention of the reason for her death at all...

in any case, dying at the age of 18 is always really sad and touching, no matter why...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

in the Italian and Austrian press there's no mention of the reason for her death at all...

in any case, dying at the age of 18 is always really sad and touching, no matter why...

Ski-nordique mentioned the same thing I see (although it could be based on that article), at least that's a well-known site generally. And yeah, I totally agree with you. If those 'details' are true, especially 'because of pressure from the Austrian federation', said federation needs to take a very, very hard look at themselves..

I'm seeing the very unhealthy amount of pressure a federation can put on athletes quite often, wouldn't be surprised if that was too much for someone who was just a teenager :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Some Italian specialized website spoke about her this morning 

• 6 months later...

Jeez, Otepää isn't having a happy time are they? I feel like this is the umpteenth event there that had to be cancelled due to external factors in the past two years or so :( 

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Jeez, Otepää isn't having a happy time are they? I feel like this is the umpteenth event there that had to be cancelled due to external factors in the past two years or so :( 

Only the last 2 years? :d It seems to me, that ever since i'm following winter sports, Otepää is the place that never goes as planned. Every summer/fall when i see the new calendars and find Otepää on there i go "Well that is not going to happen and it's a free weekend".