website statistics

Luge 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

phelps

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Anyone knows why FIL always removes videos at the end of the season?

https://video.fil-luge.org/

Let's see if any of Tim Singer, Martin Haven, Bree Schaaf etc have an answer to that :p Probably not, but it's not like there's that much else to do.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

Anyone knows why FIL always removes videos at the end of the season?

https://video.fil-luge.org/

I would guess that has something to do with either storage capacity on their streaming platform, or television rights from the host broadcaster.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I was not able to watch the last few races before it was taken offline. I planned to but it was the height of the coronachaos...

Well if this is the discussion thread: what do you think what is the chance that there will even be a luge season in 2020/21? :D

/pessimism

16 minutes ago, dharang said:

I was not able to watch the last few races before it was taken offline. I planned to but it was the height of the coronachaos...

Well if this is the discussion thread: what do you think what is the chance that there will even be a luge season in 2020/21? :D

/pessimism

Good actually. They can close off the tracks to spectators, and probably follow social distancing guidelines well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would guess that has something to do with either storage capacity on their streaming platform, or television rights from the host broadcaster.

If storage was such a problem, one could easily put it on YouTube. Besides, if you can't pay for a couple of terabytes of storage, what on earth are you doing as federation? :p 

No, FIL scores major points in terms of the way they broadcast things during the season, but they lose half of those points with stuff like this.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

FISI announced the team for the next season

Men's

Dominick Fischnaller

Kevin Fischnaller

Leon Felderer

Lukas Gufler

Simon Kainzwaldner

Fabian Malleier

Patrick Rastner

Emamuel Rieder

Ludwig Rieder

Women's